Help for Android Accelerometer

VW

Jul 9, 2013, 5:48:55 AM7/9/13
to cell...@googlegroups.com

I have created an app to capture accelerometer readings, and use these to map the bot's path. However the sensor readings are pretty random giving a 10mtrs reading for 55 cm distance the bot travels. i have also introduced Noise filter and Exponential smoothing algorithm to overcome noise and gravity. I have a Sony Xperia U, having ST accelerometer with 0.1m/s2 resolution.

Please suggest ways to obtain accurate readings from the accelerometer.

spirit...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2013, 5:50:26 AM7/9/13
to cell...@googlegroups.com

Care to share your code so as to not reinvent tthe wheel?

On Jul 9, 2013 11:48 AM, "VW" <visma...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have created an app to capture accelerometer readings, and use these to map the bot's path. However the sensor readings are pretty random giving a 10mtrs reading for 55 cm distance the bot travels. i have also introduced Noise filter and Exponential smoothing algorithm to overcome noise and gravity. I have a Sony Xperia U, having ST accelerometer with 0.1m/s2 resolution.

Please suggest ways to obtain accurate readings from the accelerometer.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cellbots" group.