There is now RoboCam on Google Play

102 views
Skip to first unread message

Magnus Ivarsson

unread,
May 15, 2019, 10:38:28 AM5/15/19
to Cellbots
Hi.

There is now a new app called RoboCam who is just like CellBots but with no open source.
I have been in contact with coders of RoboCam and they do not plan to share source code but it is still possible to do a lot of things and activate LEGO code when starting the RoboCam app.


If anyone have something like RoboCam in open source,  then pleace let me know.


Regards MagI 

M.Sc. Magnus Ivarsson (MagI)

unread,
Sep 19, 2026, 3:24:40 PMSep 19
to Cellbots
Hello.

I managed to make my own   CellBots  by cloning/copy  an android app called  RoboCam  by Proghouse.
It was on google play some years ago.

I added  LEGO Spike Prime ,  Huawei 360 camera , Google Cardbord VR and some other stuff.
if you are interested here is a version.


I got in contact with the developer Alexey at proghouse and he accepted my clone / copy and I will get the source code to the original app robocam on github so I can make a more stabile own version.

I also am allowed to upload my version on Google Play  
but i need 12  email to  test my app for 14 days 
before i can upload it to Google Play open tests and so on.

Is here any people who can give me their email for me to add as testers ?

I can then download my app for 14 days to be able to get it to Google Play.

Any people here who can help me with email adresses?



Regards
M.Sc. Magnus 
Sweden

------------------------------------

M.Sc. Magnus Ivarsson (MagI)

unread,
Sep 19, 2026, 3:33:10 PMSep 19
to Cellbots
Here is some information about my   CellBots version  that is a clone / copy of robocam from proghouse

spirit...@gmail.com

unread,
Sep 19, 2026, 6:11:16 PMSep 19
to cell...@googlegroups.com
spirit...@gmail.com if you have a use for it, I did the original RobotsAnywhere.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Cellbots.com Google
Group.
To post to this group, send email to cell...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cellbots+u...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cellbots?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cellbots" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cellbots+u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cellbots/2d67883d-2995-4ad5-97f7-cf944f9d646an%40googlegroups.com.

M.Sc. Magnus Ivarsson (MagI)

unread,
Sep 20, 2026, 9:28:03 AMSep 20
to Cellbots
Thanks.

I added you to the test list at google play consol.
Impressive  with  RobotsAnywhere.


M.Sc. Magnus Ivarsson (MagI)

unread,
Sep 20, 2026, 9:44:30 AMSep 20
to Cellbots
Here is a link to download version 3 of robocam  from google play.


Regards   Magnus 

söndag 20 september 2026 kl. 00:11:16 UTC+2 skrev spirit...@gmail.com:

William Heath

unread,
Sep 20, 2026, 4:50:02 PMSep 20
to cellbots
wgh...@gmail.com if you need it.  I did the truckbot.

M.Sc. Magnus Ivarsson (MagI)

unread,
Sep 21, 2026, 11:55:06 AMSep 21
to Cellbots
Thanks William.

I added you as tester to my version of RoboCam.


So where you part of the CellBots app  ?

I was nominated in IPSO Challenge 2014  and got a free trip to USA, Chicago as I build a omni robot with  the CellBots app.

I  have always wanted to make a telerobotic game with omni robots like these so gamers who want to play a game with online camera robots 
can move as they usually do in a virtual game as with strafe and so on.


So now with my own robocam i added a huawei 360 camera oprion i settings  that make it possible to rotate by pan / tilt the camera view instead of rotationg the robot to turn.
So turning with a omni robot with 360  camera has now much less  delay.  
No need to rotate the robot to turn.


I want to build a telerobotic game like isotopium.com  did 2018  but with my omni robots with 360 cameras  and so on.



If you know any other people who want to help  me get my version of robocam to google play 
then let them know and send me their  google emails.

I need about 10 more testers....


Thanks.... 




For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cellbots?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cellbots" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cellbots+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

M.Sc. Magnus Ivarsson (MagI)

unread,
Sep 28, 2026, 10:15:08 AM (9 days ago) Sep 28
to Cellbots
If you got an email from google play that you are a tester then you need to download my app from google play and have it on your phone for 2 weeks.
I also need more testers so  if you know anyone who can help me use my robocam app from ggoogle play test link 
then let me know.

M.Sc. Magnus 
-----------------------------------

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages