Web address robot control ??

Magnus Ivarsson

Mar 5, 2013, 6:42:54 AM3/5/13
to cell...@googlegroups.com
--

Hello.
Is it possible to control the LEGO Mindstorm NXT robot with web address commands?
Can I write a address/domain name/URL/permalink in the browser address bar
to control the LEGO Mindstorm NXT robot?

The funktion looks like this in index.html
--
function sendPut(str, content) {
        var xhr = new XMLHttpRequest();

-
To send messages to the software on the Lego NXT you need to pair and connect a bluetooth device with your NXT, then wrap the message in a mailbox message. The demo software uses mailbox '1' which is index 0. Essentially, you use the following format:

 * Byte 0: 0x80 (direct command with no response from the NXT)
 * Byte 1: 0x09 (message command type)
 * Byte 2: 0x01 (Mailbox number, 0-9)
 * Byte 3: Message Size (including null terminating character)
 * Byte 4-N: Message data, where N = Message size + 3 and ends with a null terminating character
-

Can I write something like this to control it ?  (to drive right?)

MagI

w13738

Mar 17, 2013, 11:38:34 AM3/17/13
to cell...@googlegroups.com, magnus....@gmail.com

Should be easy to do. But you will have to turn on web service on the phone and the phone as to send you ip address. I would set up ip connection directly and control over socket.

> --
> --
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cellbots" group.

Magnus Ivarsson

Mar 18, 2013, 2:01:37 AM3/18/13
to cell...@googlegroups.com, magnus....@gmail.com
Hi.
Are you sure it is easy?
How do I set up ip connection directly and control over socket?
Can you explain step by step?

I can get a video stream to a website with cellbots and control LEGO mindstorm NXT with arrow keys but I
do not seem to be able to send a command from the web address bar with for instance
Do you know how to write a web address bar command to the NXT?

Is there an API ready to use to send commands from web address bar anywhere?