Child worker processes not respecting Django CELERY_BROKER_URL setting

David Erie

Apr 25, 2024, 1:24:17 PMApr 25
to celery-users
Hi,
We are using Celery 5.3.6 and Django 4.2.11. When we customize the CELERY_BROKER_URL setting to use a different host, only the main process reads and uses that setting for its connection to RabbitMQ. The child processes still attempt to connect to the loopback address and seem to ignore that setting. Is there something else I need to configure?

Our systemd service ExecStart command is:

ExecStart=celery multi start worker -A app.celery --loglevel=INFO -E --without-gossip --pidfile=/var/run/Celery.pid
Restart=always
Type-forking

Thanks for the help.