Newer Versions?

vc21

Dec 6, 2021, 7:39:19 AM12/6/21
to CEF Python
Hi,

Thank you for your great work!

There's one problem, the current release can't handle pages with String.prototype.replaceAll() function properly, which is implemented in Chrome v85. And the current version of embedded Chromium is 66.0.3359.181, which is a relatively older version.

I'm curious if there is any way I can upgrade the chromium core to a more recent version  beside re-compiling the front-end project? Or maybe any plans on new versions?

Thanks in advance!

Czarek Tomczak.

Dec 6, 2021, 11:25:29 AM12/6/21
to CEF Python
There was one company interested in an upgrade two weeks ago, but I haven't heard from them since then.

You can execute custom javascript before pages are loaded and thus you could add any missing JS APIs. I'm not saying that's a good solution, but may work for you.