Issues with Tkinter example on exit and during window resize (Win, Mac) #441

Kazem Gholibeigian

May 14, 2021, 4:10:17 PM5/14/21
to CEF Python
Hi!

I have used your code in my school thesis. Now I have problem # 441
I can change my Python version and Tkinter version.
Can you tell me if it is possible to downgrade to an old version of Pyhton & Tkinter and I don't get problem # 441:

Exception:
Fatal Python error: PyEval_RestoreThread: the function must be called with the GIL held, but the GIL is released (the current Python thread state is NULL)
Python runtime state: initialized

Czarek Tomczak.

May 15, 2021, 10:58:49 AM5/15/21
to CEF Python
There are 5 related issues in the tracker (3 open, 2 closed).

I suggest you try different versions ot Tkinter / Python and see if the problem occurs.

Kazem Gholibeigian

May 15, 2021, 5:48:30 PM5/15/21
to CEF Python
Thank you for the reply!
I have used Opencv in my project! When I change the python version, Opencv could crush and I have to upload my "thesis" in 45 days! I cannot take the risk.
Do you know how to reload the browser in wxpython sample in: https://github.com/cztomczak/cefpython/blob/master/examples/wxpython.py ?

Czarek Tomczak.

May 16, 2021, 7:52:51 AM5/16/21
to CEF Python
There are Reload and LoadUrl methods. You can also execute javascript.

Kazem Gholibeigian

May 16, 2021, 3:09:47 PM5/16/21
to CEF Python
Hi  Czarek!
Thank you for the reply! I have tried all your suggestions. Just this one worked perfectly:
self.browser.ExecuteJavascript('window.location.reload();')
Have a nice day man!

Kazem Gholibeigian

Jul 7, 2021, 6:16:24 AM7/7/21
to CEF Python
Hi,
I still face problem with WxPython! I installed my windows again and I have question:
Which python version would you suggest to prevent deadlock issue(#441)?

Czarek Tomczak.

Jul 7, 2021, 7:25:32 AM7/7/21
to CEF Python
Have you tried enabling multi threaded message loop to fix this issue?