Project still current?

Ryan Breen

Feb 26, 2016, 9:09:20 PM2/26/16
to CEF2go
Came across this and found it very interesting. I wanted to try basing a desktop GUI application around it, but it appears to have been quite a while since there have been any updates. Is this no longer under active development?

Czarek Tomczak.

Feb 27, 2016, 1:51:29 AM2/27/16
to cef...@googlegroups.com
In the recent weeks I've been updating my CEF based open source projects. PHP Desktop was already updated. CEF Python is under works right now. CEF2go and CEF C API are next on the list. In CEF2go I will definitely want to evaluate a new approach, to use the C++ API of CEF (Issue #4). Currently using the C API of CEF.

I see there are some forks and lots of new code in forks, but I haven't seen so far no pull requests ;)

Czarek Tomczak.

Feb 27, 2016, 1:57:05 AM2/27/16
to cef...@googlegroups.com
I think the first things to do are:
1. Restructure files/dirs to allow for importing as Go package #21: https://github.com/cztomczak/cef2go/issues/21
2. Maybe make the C++ include/ directory as a submodule #12: https://github.com/cztomczak/cef2go/issues/12
3. Work on new API and update to latest CEF

EDIT: others:
- use Tabs for indentation? Seems like this is a standard in Go. Personally I don't like tabs, they are problematic.

Shy

May 22, 2016, 12:36:32 PM5/22/16
to CEF2go
What's the problem with tabs? I always use tabs for indentation and use gofmt for formatting.

joeb...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2016, 7:04:06 AM8/21/16
to CEF2go
Czark

this sounds pretty good.
- yes. updating CEF would be first and check API.
- test on go 1.7 is important now since it was just released.
- yes i think importing as a go package is important. Not vital though. I often just do go get -v ghghg/... to force it.

grab me if you need help !!

alex.t...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2016, 4:48:09 AM9/11/16
to CEF2go
Hey, it's been few months since this thread was started, any updates on the "rewrite"? Github repo is still 2-3 years as dead.

gee...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2016, 7:36:36 AM12/20/16
to CEF2go
I am also interested in knowing if this project is still current, as I'm building some new projects in Go.

Czarek Tomczak

Dec 20, 2016, 7:57:07 AM12/20/16
to CEF2go
Currently most of my free time I devote to the CEF Python open source project. This is not going to change in the next few months. You can take a look at forks (links in README) that support newer CEF versions. But these also seem to haven't been updated in the last year.