Building with CEF 64-bit for OS X question

sada...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2014, 11:17:33 AM11/7/14
to cef...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

I'm really confused about the way of using CEF 64-bit for OS X (this is my first project on OS X), I already made it work with the 32-bit binaries that are provided with releases/tag/v0.12 , but for 64-bit, what are the procedures to get something similar to copy to the Release folder? I download the CEF build, then I build it with CMake as it says in CMakeLists.txt ? Or should I just copy CEF 64-bit binaries into the Release folder?

I would really appreciate your help with this.

Czarek Tomczak

Nov 7, 2014, 11:33:34 AM11/7/14
to cef...@googlegroups.com
You can download ready binaries from www.cefbuilds.com . Select the same branch and revision as for the 32-bit binaries. Select branch 1750 > Mac 64bit (experimental) > More revisions > CEF 3.1750.1625 > Download "Test App" binaries. Try to recreate a similar files/directories structure as in 32bit binaries. This would require the following steps:
1. Rename any "cefclient" file/dir to "cef2go" (eg. cefclient.app > cef2go.app, cefclient Helper.app > cef2go Helper.app).
2. Replace any "cefclient" strings to "cef2go" in Info.plist files (there are multiple such files).
Note that Mac 64bit is still experimental, thus not everything might work.

sada...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2014, 11:35:04 AM11/7/14
to cef...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much Czarek! I'll try that and I'll report if everything worked fine. Thanks for the great work!

Daniel Rodriguez

Nov 7, 2014, 3:51:21 PM11/7/14
to cef...@googlegroups.com

It worked! Thanks for your support.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "CEF2go" group.

al...@decoded.com

Mar 17, 2016, 7:04:56 AM3/17/16
to CEF2go
Hi Guys,
sorry struggling with this.
I downloaded the binary for 64bit on this branch, and moved the cefclient binary app to cef2go in the Release directory. I renamed the cefclient files in the frameworks directory to cef2go files (i.e cef2go Helper) and did the others too.

I still get:

cgo2.o -F/Users/alex/go/src/github.com/cztomczak/cef2go/Release/tmp -framework Cocoa -framework cef -framework Cocoa
# cef
ld: framework not found cef
make[1]: *** [Darwin] Error 2
make: *** [detect_os] Error 2

Any ideas?

Thanks

Czarek Tomczak

Mar 17, 2016, 9:01:35 AM3/17/16
to CEF2go
Alex, do not cross-post. You already created an issue, your own topic (without trying to search), and now post your problem in topics created by others. Don't do this, you won't get help this way. The solution to your issue was already provided, but you need to read carefully and care about details. Don't reply to this post.