how to use newer CEF builds

Roberto Saccon

Apr 4, 2015, 5:23:19 PM4/4/15
to cef...@googlegroups.com
I just started now cef2go and it looks fantastic. Thanks to the detailed instructions I got the basic examples running, on Mac OS X Yosemite, and even go 1.4.2 (64 bit). erros I saw only when trying to access context menu, but I think this is mentioned somewhere on github issues. However for CEF, the instructions say we have to use exactly CEF 3 branch 1750 revision 1625. That is chrome 33. Any specific reason for sticking to that ? What needs to be considered or changed or whatever, for using a newer CEF build ?

Czarek Tomczak

Apr 5, 2015, 4:30:57 AM4/5/15
to cef...@googlegroups.com
Instructions on how to upgrade to a newer CEF version were provided in Issue 16: https://github.com/CzarekTomczak/cef2go/issues/16

In this comment you can see that quirkey has successfully upgraded to branch 2272. See his branch upgrade_to_2272 and the comments in README that provide details on issues. See also the "Updating the CEF Version" section at the end that provides basic steps.

The context menu issue and <select> element issues are explained in Issue 24, the patch should be straightforward, just needs pasting some code.

On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 11:23 PM, Roberto Saccon <rsa...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just started now cef2go and it looks fantastic. Thanks to the detailed instructions I got the basic examples running, on Mac OS X Yosemite, and even go 1.4.2 (64 bit). erros I saw only when trying to access context menu, but I think this is mentioned somewhere on github issues. However for CEF, the instructions say we have to use exactly CEF 3 branch 1750 revision 1625. That is chrome 33. Any specific reason for sticking to that ? What needs to be considered or changed or whatever, for using a newer CEF build ?

ladolcefot...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2015, 10:37:53 AM7/22/15
to CEF2go
Same problem here. I would love to use cef2go in my current project but I need a current version of CEF. The paperlesspost fork seems to be linux only? At least I didn't manage to build the code on a win32 machine. Any plans to update cef2go? I would help and check in code, but I need to know what to do.