Uninstall Cedar

dman...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2014, 5:35:59 AM11/23/14
to cedar-...@googlegroups.com
I have attempted to install Cedar for xCode on my machine and I am having some rather serious problems. I botched the initial installation, and as a result, when I run the installer again correctly, it fails to finish. Some of the symptoms are:

When creating a new file, icons for Cedar do not appear.
xCode cannot locate basic files like SpecHelper.h
Compile errors when trying to run any cedar test suite.

I am certain that if I could successfully uninstall the program, I could reinstall it correctly. Does anyone know how to completely and fully uninstall the previous version, including plugins, templates, source files, and any other files connected to xCode? I tried to do this manually, but was not totally successful in getting the computer back to a clean state.

How do you uninstall Cedar?

-D

Andrew Kitchen

Nov 24, 2014, 5:44:32 PM11/24/14
to cedar-...@googlegroups.com
Hey D

There is a rake task which will uninstall code snippets and file/project/target templates, if that is what you are referring to.  However, there is no Cedar "program" so I'm sure what you are referring to there.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean when you say you "botched" the installation?  Installation of code snippets and templates is repeatable; nothing about a previous installation should prevent a subsequent installation.

Perhaps you are missing the Xcode command-line tools?  Perhaps you don't have ios-sim installed? (the installer attempts to test one of the installation artifacts using ios-sim, and should emit a message if it is not installed)

Those are the first things that come to mind.  Hope it helps.

-Andrew

da...@puteko.com

Nov 29, 2014, 7:59:53 PM11/29/14
to cedar-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Here is the actual output when I run "rake install" from the command line:

Davids-MacBook-Pro:cedar admin$ rake install

==> rm -rf '/Users/admin/Documents/Programming/xcode/cedar/build'; true

==> rm -rf '/Users/admin/Documents/Programming/xcode/cedar/derivedData'; true

Removing old templates...

==> rm -f "/Users/admin/Library/Preferences/appCode20/templates/Cedar.xml"

==> grep -Rl isCedarSnippet /Users/admin/Library/Developer/Xcode/UserData/CodeSnippets | xargs -I{} rm -f "{}"

grep: /Users/admin/Library/Developer/Xcode/UserData/CodeSnippets: No such file or directory

==> xcodebuild -project Cedar.xcodeproj -configuration Release SYMROOT="/Users/admin/Documents/Programming/xcode/cedar/build" clean build  -target "Cedar-iOS"

==> xcodebuild -project Cedar.xcodeproj -configuration Release SYMROOT="/Users/admin/Documents/Programming/xcode/cedar/build" clean build install DSTROOT=/ -target "Cedar"

==> xcodebuild -project Cedar.xcodeproj -configuration Release SYMROOT="/Users/admin/Documents/Programming/xcode/cedar/build" clean build ARCHS=i386 -target "Cedar iOS FrameworkSpecs" -sdk "iphonesimulator8.1"

No matching processes belonging to you were found

No matching processes belonging to you were found

No matching processes belonging to you were found

CEDAR_REPORTER_CLASS=CDRColorizedReporter

CEDAR_REPORTER_CLASS=CDRColorizedReporter

No matching processes belonging to you were found

No matching processes belonging to you were found

No matching processes belonging to you were found

==> ios-sim launch "/Users/admin/Documents/Programming/xcode/cedar/build/Release-iphonesimulator/Cedar iOS FrameworkSpecs.app" --devicetypeid "com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPhone-5s, 8.1" --verbose --stdout build/uispecs.spec.log

sh: ios-sim: command not found

Unable to run iOS static framework specs. Xcode may have implicitly failed to build the framework. Please try again. ([Failed] Command: ios-sim launch "/Users/admin/Documents/Programming/xcode/cedar/build/Release-iphonesimulator/Cedar iOS FrameworkSpecs.app" --devicetypeid "com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPhone-5s, 8.1" --verbose --stdout build/uispecs.spec.log

)

Andrew Kitchen

Dec 1, 2014, 12:54:24 PM12/1/14
to cedar-...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

==> ios-sim launch "/Users/admin/Documents/Programming/xcode/cedar/build/Release-iphonesimulator/Cedar iOS FrameworkSpecs.app" --devicetypeid "com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPhone-5s, 8.1" --verbose --stdout build/uispecs.spec.log

sh: ios-sim: command not found

Unable to run iOS static framework specs. Xcode may have implicitly failed to build the framework. Please try again. ([Failed] Command: ios-sim launch "/Users/admin/Documents/Programming/xcode/cedar/build/Release-iphonesimulator/Cedar iOS FrameworkSpecs.app" --devicetypeid "com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPhone-5s, 8.1" --verbose --stdout build/uispecs.spec.log

it looks like you need to install ios-sim first.  Please run brew install ios-sim and try again.

Thanks,
Andrew