New EDGAR Dataset

Jake Bergquist

Mar 26, 2020, 12:05:08 PM3/26/20
to CECGI
Hello All,

I am excited to announce that we have a new dataset on EDGAR from Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)! This datasets contains excitation simulations of pacings at three locations in the ventricles (LV lateral wall, RV lateral wall and RV septal wall). Pacings were simulated under physiological conditions (no scars) and pathological conditions (various configurations of lines of block at the interventricular junction and round scar patches on the LV lateral wall). All simulations were performed on the same geometry. For each case, five different types of source signals are provided: Transmembrane voltages, epi- and endocardial extracellular potentials (EPs), pericardial EPs, epi- and endocardial equivalent single layer (ESL) sources and pericardial ESL sources. Source signals and corresponding forward matrices are provided for 3 different cardiac mesh resolutions.
These simulations were originally designed to study the occurence of artificial lines of block and the detection of real lines of block in ECGI-derived activation maps. However, they can also be used to compare different source models and resolutions on a common dataset.

There is a wealth of data here to explore and I encourage anyone who is interested to head over to http://edgar.sci.utah.edu/. The dataset is listed under Human Pacing Studies as KIT-2020-SimVentrPacings-FiveSourceModels