Fwd: MaxOrch info and documentation

Kevin Austin

May 23, 2022, 10:17:48 PM5/23/22
to cec-con...@googlegroups.com, Per Bloland

Begin forwarded message:

From: Per Bloland <per.b...@gmail.com>
Subject: [seamus-list] MaxOrch info and documentation
Date: 2022 May 23 at 19:39:44 GMT-4

Hi all,

After announcing MaxOrch I realized I didn’t really explain much about it, or Orchidea…. So here’s a brief explanation:

At its most basic, one selects a database of samples (databases of orchestral instruments (with extended techniques) are downloadable for free from Ircam) and a target audio file. Orchidea analyzes the target audio file and produces a score and a composite audio file that is a realization of that score.

ALSO: we have updated the MaxOrch website to include documentation pages. It can all be found here:

Enjoy!
Per and Jérôme

On Mar 30, 2022, at 11:34 AM, Per Bloland <per.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

Greetings Seamus folks,

We are very excited to announce the beta release of MaxOrch

MaxOrch is a full-featured front end for the Orchidea objects (a framework for static and dynamic computer-assisted orchestration), downloadable as either a Max patch or a Max standalone app. This is a collaboration between myself and Jérôme Lesueur, joining and replacing both his MyOrch and my Orchidew patches. The Orchidea objects are incredibly powerful and feature-rich, but the learning curve is a bit steep. Jérôme and I both thought we could design an interface that made the features easier to access and offered detailed explanations about their implementation.

MaxOrch is currently in beta testing. Please let us know about any bugs/issues/requests on the MaxOrch discussion page on the IRCAM Forum.

Enjoy!
Per

Per Bloland
Pronouns: he, him, his