wanted: improvisers/performers/interpreters/poetry-readers

Kasey Pocius

May 6, 2022, 3:54:33 PM5/6/22
to electroa...@lists.concordia.ca, cec-con...@googlegroups.com, Yuval Adler
Hello!

Apologies for cross-posting.

One of my colleagues at CIRMMT is looking for performers for some interpretations of Jennifer Walshe's AI-generated text score for the upcoming improv@CIRMMT concert at McGill. If you are interested in performing, get in contact with Yuval before Monday (yuval...@mail.mcgill.ca).

Below is the original call and the attached PDF for those interested.

Thanks!

Hello,

[tl;dr] Come preform an AI generated text score at the improv@CIRMMT during COBS. Get back to me as soon as possible (before Monday) if interested. Scores to choose from in the attached PDF.

For the improv@CIRMMT concert (evening of May 24th) we are planning for the COBS conference (which starts May 24th) I wanted to organize a few short interpretations of AI generated text scores from the attached document---a project led by Jennifer Walshe using natural language models trained on a text score data set with thousands of items from the Fluxus group and beyond. Are you a CIRMMT, McGill, or other Montreal institution music student/graduate/faculty and are interested in interpreting these scores during the event? Read the scores in the attached PDF (starting from page 21) and let me know which ones you are interested in and what your approach might be.

I'm looking for something relatively short and with no additional tech set-up other than perhaps a microphone, but other than that you can use whatever instrument you wish. Want to put a microphone on the back of a canvas and live-paint a response to one of the scores? Sure! I'll be forced to choose a small number of interpretations with tech and time constraints in mind, but all of your ideas are welcome, wild and tame alike. Please feel free to share this call with anyone from the larger CIRMMT community, broadly defined.

I will get back to you to coordinate any details. My plan is to briefly present Walshe's project at the concert and select a small number of scores to be performed or read in between other improv performances.

The deadline for locking in the performers is Monday, so please get back to me as soon as you can, and definitely before Monday.

Thanks,
Yuval.

--
Kasey - they/them - iel

--
Kasey - they/them - iel
The+Text+Score+Dataset+1.0+-+Jennifer+Walshe.pdf