Cycling to Support the Arthritis Foundation

1 view

Nancy Cayton

Aug 6, 2019, 12:11:26 AM8/6/19
to CDW Group
Dear Fellow Deaf Wheelers,

Thanks to all of you who have supported me in the past.  I'm in the midst of training for my 7th year riding for the Arthritis Foundation, again along the beautiful California coast.  The tour is an eight-day challenge of 525 miles to make a positive impact in the lives of the 50 million adults and children affected by arthritis.  I'll be continuing on team Also Touch, founded by Dwight and Maria Powery in honor of their daughter Christiana who died from complications related to arthritis.  We are also honoring our long-time trainer, Jerry Kruse, who passed away at the end of June.
Previous contributions have made it possible for me to raise almost $35,000 for the Arthritis Foundation since 2013.  I hope you will consider another donation and hopefully we will exceed last year.  Donations are tax deductible and any amount will make a difference.  This link will take you to my personal page: https://events.arthritis.org/participant/NancyCayton or if you prefer another donation method, let me know.

You may remember that I champion the Arthritis Foundation because of my mother's rheumatoid arthritis.  Thanks to funding from the Arthritis Foundation, much has been achieved, including better treatment options.  As a result, those diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis today won’t suffer with the same kind of joint deformation that has caused so much pain and difficulty for my mom.  Although the joint damage my mom has can't be reversed, modern medications are making a big difference in managing the pain.  This is why I continue to do the ride.  (You'll see a picture of her hands on my web page.)

The great strides made in arthritis research/treatment as well as provision of direct services to those touched by arthritis has been made possible by the support of individuals like you and me.

If you feel inspired, consider joining me September 21-28, 2019 to ride or volunteer for a cure.

If you know anyone who needs the assistance of the Arthritis Foundation, go to www.arthritis.org.

Sincerely,

Nancy

Nancy Cayton

Sep 21, 2019, 1:03:58 AM9/21/19
to CDW Group
The time is here!  Tomorrow morning the riders will roll out of San Francisco to start the 525 mile tour.  If you were thinking of donating, there is still time.  The link below will be active while I am gone and even for a bit when I return.

Think good thoughts for safe travels and pleasant weather.

Nancy