seeking information - School Psychology APA Internship Site-Visitors

Shane Jimerson

Mar 26, 2024, 12:16:26 PMMar 26
to Shane Jimerson
Dear colleagues,

Over the past decade there have been numerous colleagues who have provided leadership in developing doctoral school psychology internship sites that are APPIC members and participate in the national match (and we are grateful for all your efforts in creating these additional opportunities for school-based doctoral internships)(many with support of the D16 Grant Program for School Psychology Internships). Now that APA accreditation (or progress towards) is required to be included in the national match, there are many programs that have submitted their self-study materials and are attempting to arrange a site-visit. Within this context, I am asking colleagues to reply to me directly if you have any information pertaining to the 2 questions below;

1. Are you, or any school psychology colleagues you know currently on the APA internship site-visitor list? (having completed the required training and qualifications via APA)

2. If you have had an APA internship site-visit (and likely had counseling or clinical colleagues as site visitors) were there particular folks who were a very good fit for reviewing your school-based internship. If so, can you send me their names and affiliations.

If someone has previously compiled this information or knows where to access it, please provide that information.

For those who are enthusiastic to contribute as Site Visitors, the APA website includes more information on the required workshops.

For those who are interested, searching the APPIC directory for "Agency Type" = "School District" yielded 48 results, attached for your convenience. Granted, not all of these are specifically focused on "school psychology," however, many of them are.

Grateful for all the efforts of school psychology colleagues in creating these internship opportunities and for any information that you can contribute.

Sincerely,
Shane Jimerson

--
Shane R. Jimerson, Ph.D., NCSP
Professor

President-Emeritus, the Society for the Study of School Psychology
President-Emeritus, the International School Psychology Association
President-Emeritus, Division 16 School Psychology of APA
Editor Emeritus, School Psychology journal, published by APA
Editor, School Psychology Review,Twitter Facebook published by NASP

CCSP Vision - Innovations for Excellence and Equity in Counseling, Clinical, and School Psychology.

"I am unable to make the days longer, so I strive to make them better."
-Thoreau
APPIC_directory_search_results_AgencyType_School_District.xls