[Fwd: Re: need two engineers]

Jason

Apr 1, 2010, 5:32:27 PM4/1/10
to Corvallis Dot Net User Group
FYI...

Job listing below:

Thanks,
Jason

-------- Original Message --------
From: John Sechrest <sech...@cbchambercoalition.com>
Subject: Re: need two engineers
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:33:22 -0700
To: Nancy Hawkins <Nancy_...@trimble.com>, Aaron Edewards <aede...@cbchambercoalition.com>, Jason Prothero <ja...@proworks.com>, Mark van der Pol <mark.c.va...@gmail.com>, Frank Griswold <gris...@peak.org>

Hello Nancy,

Thanks for the note. I will be out of town for the next few weeks. Aaron at my office may be able to connect with some folks. Jason Prothro runs the CDNUG group which might help connect people to some of these jobs.

Let's touch base on this on 4/20 and see how I might help you when I get back.

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Nancy Hawkins <Nancy_...@trimble.com> wrote:

Hi John:

We are recruiting for a couple of positions. I thought I would share them with you in case you know of any candidates. Thanks!

Trimble Navigation has two positions open: We are an EEOC company. Please apply at www.Trimble.com or forward resume to nancy_...@Trimble.com.

Mechanical design engineer: Lead design analyses, prototyping and testing, with experience in manufacture of ultra-rugged handheld computers.

Experience/Skills:  Customer-driven, Innovate, apply progressive R&D, Deliver sound product designs.  Design/develop products to enhance our position as leader in rugged outdoor computing markets; execute projects on time to compliment product development process. Demonstrate sound, mature risk-management. Use statistics, modeling, DOE, smart-testing, and other techniques to mitigate risk. Support released products with design, testing, and documentation. Work with Procurement to identify and qualify suppliers.

Requirements: BSME, or equivalent. MSME preferred. 5 years of experience in above areas.

System Test Engineer: Employ creative software development and testing methodologies among a team of talented engineers to develop next-generation mobile and wirelessly connected rugged field computers.

Experience/Skills: Experience developing test fixtures and automated test programs, write new or modify source code to increase test coverage and efficiency. Use computer engineering and/or programming to diagnosis issues. Use IDE (VisualStudio)/embedded debugging tools. Design/document test plans and procedures: unit tests, stress tests, performance evaluation, compatibility, user and field testing. Work with externally defined tests and device certifications such as NSTL Logo Testing for Windows Mobile, USB-IF, WiFi Alliance, and benchmarking. Administer defect and test case management tools. Provide quantitative and qualitative estimates of quality through test reports, data analysis, and visualization/presentation techniques.

Requirements: • BSCS, BSCE, BSECE or equivalent degree. 2+ years of experience in testing and validating computer hardware, firmware and/or drivers. Programming in C, C++ or C#.  Strong verbal and written communication & presentation skills, including technical writing and data visualization.

Nancy Hawkins

GEN_BLU_1--[1]

Human Resource Manager

Mobile Computing Solutions Division

345 SW Avery Avenue

Corvallis, OR 97333

541.750.9331   Phone

541.750.9231   Fax

541.990.2293   Cell

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail and any documents, files, or previous e-mail messages appended or attached to it, may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not read this email and that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution, or use of the information contained or attached to this email is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone 541.750.9331 or return e-mail message nancy_...@trimble.com and delete the original email, its attachments, and any copies without reading or saving in any manner. Thank you.

--
John Sechrest          .
Corvallis Benton        .