CDLI New Framework technical updates

Émilie Pagé-Perron

Sep 10, 2022, 6:03:08 PM9/10/22
to cdli...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
Please see below a few notes on the most notable/visible changes following an update I made on the MPIWG server today.

For everyone:
- The compact search results page is working again (thanks Utkarsh!)
- Some single entity pages look better (check out a region for example browse > regions > and navigate your way to a specific site) (thanks Utkarsh!)
- CDL journal (j, b, n, p) article citations can be saved directly using the Zotero plugin (thanks Lars!)
- Tables now look like they should  (thanks Lars!)
- Citations for any web pages have been improved (thanks Lars!)

For admins/editors only
- Merging publications has been fixed (thanks Circle!)

I will probably make another update this coming week as there are a few fixes almost ready.

All best,
Émilie

-------------------------------------
CDLI "Old" framework https://cdli.ucla.edu/
Contribute: https://cdli.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/contribute (Documentation in the making)
Communicate a technical issue: cdli-s...@orinst.ox.ac.uk
See issues in the current milestone: https://gitlab.com/groups/cdli/-/milestones/5#tab-issues
See all open issues / open a public issue: https://gitlab.com/cdli/framework/-/issues
Get notified when there will be online workshops available: https://shorturl.at/HRU67

Émilie Pagé-Perron

Sep 20, 2022, 3:27:21 PM9/20/22
to cdli...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
Some updates:

For everyone:
- The add/edit form for artifacts became garbled a bit, it is now fixed (thanks Utkatsh!)
- The Heatmap is fixed https://cdli.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/heatmap (thanks Lars!)
- The citations offered in the citation widget and the citation box at the bottom of pages are now exact (thanks Lars!)
- The CDLP links in the citations now are the proper ones (thanks Lars!)
- The Search results cards have been updated so they contain more of the information we want to see at a glance (my work)
- Docs are now updated every time I update the code. Docs are consultable here: https://cdli.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/docs (my work)
- Updating dates should now work normally (thanks Lars!)
- Referencing system is now faster (thanks Lars!)
- Advanced search is more compact, some fields have been reordered, others named more explicitly, tiles are more visible; sort of results are now hidden until they are properly set up (my work)
- Link to terms of use added in the footer (thanks Utkarsh!)
- Seals and sealings accordion has been reviewed and fixed, links added, etc (thanks Lars!)
- Contributing content ( text, textual annotations, and catalogue data) is now available to users that are logged in and have an author attached to their account (Lars and my work)

For admin/editors only:
... nothing!

Data:
- The Penn museum entries are marked properly again (my work)

Notes:
- We have noticed that our ATF checker sometimes will not be able to parse some ATF files, this coupled with the fact that the error messages are not always very explicit, we have decided to temporarily revert to a more lenient checker until we can design a new one. There is no ETA on this temporary implementation but if you are facing issues with submitting ATF, please be patient, we are working on this.
- We are working on a few search issues which are backed up by one major change which we need to test further so again I hope you are patient and we will announce the fixes as they are implemented.
- There are a few issues related to seals and composites when searching, we're working on it!
- Anyone familiar with Markdown is welcome to contribute to the docs, following this template: https://gitlab.com/cdli/cdli-docs/-/blob/main/adding-and-editing-documentation.md

Émilie

Get notified when there will be video workshops available: https://shorturl.at/HRU67