Free Ruby and Rails Training June 17 & 24 and July 1 & 8

Mark Menard

Jun 9, 2010, 10:46:52 PM6/9/10
to Capital District Java Developer's Network
Due to great demand I'm pleased to announce that I will be doing a
second four session training series on Ruby and Rails. Get your
reservations in fast. I already have four reservations for this
series.

ITT Tech has very generously provided us with a class room for this
training series.

When: Thursdays June 17 & 24 and July 1 & 8
Start: 6:00 PM
End: 9:00 PM
Where: ITT Tech, 13 Airline Drive, Albany, NY near the Albany Airport
Cost: FREE
RSVP to: Mark Menard at ma...@mjm.net or 518.369.7356

The series will cover Ruby and Rails with the goal of attendees being
able to create basic Ruby on Rails apps by the end of the series.

The series will cover:

* Getting Ruby and Rails running on your system (Windows, Ubuntu or OS
X)
* Introduction to Ruby for Non-Rubyists
* Introduction to Rails
* Rails MVC Architecture: ActiveRecord, ActionController and
ActionView
* Deploying your Rails Apps to Heroku
* Overview of JRuby for Java and IronRuby for .Net

Prerequisites:

* Experience building web applications in a previous language and/or
framework.
* Understanding of basic object oriented programming (classes,
objects, methods, etc.).
* A laptop with Ruby and Rails installed and running. Directions for
setup are available online.

Please pass this information to anyone you think would be interested.
I'd like to see if we can get non-Rubyists there so we can expose them
to Ruby and Rails. If you work for a company please pass this onto the
training person/manager/enthusiast in your organization. If you are on
another developer group list please pass this onto those lists.