Job Opportunity - UI Designer / Developer

Dan Patsey

Sep 15, 2010, 4:38:26 PM9/15/10
to Capital District Java Developer's Network
UI Designer / Developer
Are you a front end guru who is passionate about UI design and
development? Do you design UI’s that energize your end users? We are
looking for a highly motivated and skilled UI developer who has the
ability to take substantial responsibility for the design, user
interaction, and development of client-facing applications.
At Auto/Mate Dealership Systems, we develop world-class Dealership
Management Software that is used by more than 600 auto dealerships
across the United States. Auto/Mate ranked #1 in overall customer
satisfaction in the most recent National Automobile Dealers
Association (NADA) survey. We are looking for talented team players
who can help ensure that our software is ranked #1 in the industry.

Job Responsibilities:
Design and develop sophisticated User Interfaces (UI) for world-class
software applications.
Work directly with product experts, marketing, support and end users
to drive software improvements to not just meet our client’s
expectations...we are looking to give them the “wow factor!”
Develop comprehensive, clean and concise UI workflows to provide our
users the best possible product experience.
Participate in full SDLC efforts as a member of the development team
on front and back-end Java programming projects.

What we offer:
A chance for highly motivated UI Developers to bring fresh and
innovative ideas related to technology, applications and processes to
the table.
A chance to expand on your existing skills set in our highly
collaborative team environment.
A casual workplace that fosters creativity and innovation.

Ideal candidates will have most of the following experience:
Java programming (or related technologies)
UI design and implementation (Java / SWT a plus)
Good sense of usability
Ability to keep up to date on latest advancements in the UI field
Object oriented programming
Event driven architecture
Relational database experience (PostgreSQL a plus)
Linux / UNIX & Windows
Source control (Subversion a plus)
Strong problem-solving abilities and an aptitude for learning new
technologies
Excellent communication skills with an ability to discuss support
issues directly with end users

Why Auto/Mate?
Competitive Salary
Benefits package including:
Medical/Vision Insurance
PTO and Holiday pay
401K with company match
Life Insurance
Supplemental Insurance (Dental, Disability, Accident, Cancer/ Heart
Attack / Stroke, Flex Spending)
Tuition Reimbursement
Casual work environment
Flexible work schedule

Auto/Mate is an Equal Opportunity Employer

Contact:
David Druzynski
Recruiter
Auto/Mate Dealership Systems