__dot_file patch

Stephan Leemburg

May 19, 2022, 12:43:13 PM5/19/22
to cdist-configuration-management
Hi all,

I have a need to use __dot_file in a loop for users to install .vimrc for each user that meets some criteria. This is not possible with the cdist __dot_file, so I have patched it.

How can I submit the patch? github seems to be not updated anymore, so a pull request there will not work.

Just to be sure, I already attached the patch to this message.

Thank you and best regards,
Stephan
dot_file.patch

Nico Schottelius

May 20, 2022, 6:49:01 AM5/20/22
to Stephan Leemburg, cdist-configura...@googlegroups.com

Hey Stephan,

thanks for the patch. We are using
https://code.ungleich.ch/ungleich-public/cdist for git.

Your patch, generally speaking, looks good. However the unconditional
cat on the `file` parameter will leave an error message. Instead, I
suggest to do the following:

if [ -f ... ]; then ... fi

Best regards,

Nico
--
Sustainable and modern Infrastructures by ungleich.ch