reusing explorers/passing information to explorers

cd...@mutable.host

Dec 6, 2020, 6:13:26 AM12/6/20
to cdist-configura...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As part of developing a type, I would like to check if a remote directory exists.
From what I have managed to understand from the documentation this is done using either existing explorers or writing new once.

https://www.cdi.st/manual/latest/cdist-explorer.html

seems to suggest I can use an existing type explorer, but the documentation in this area is quite
sparse.
Can you please give/add an example of how I can use the explorer for discovering __directory /tmp/test

If I need to write my own type related explorer, is there any way to pass information such as which path I want to check to the explorer?
If I understood the documentation correctly, this is only possible using parameters, but that feels wrong to me as parameters are for
the user to customize the type.

Thanks.