Using custom service account to run Datafusion control plane

Mario Giuffrida

Nov 22, 2022, 2:04:59 PM11/22/22
to cdap...@googlegroups.com, Kushil Dodhia
Hello Google team,

Could we use our custom service account to run Datafusion control plane - as opposed to using the default service accounts?

Also, could you tell us which service account is used in preview mode?

Thanks
--
Mario

Dennis Li

Nov 22, 2022, 3:41:54 PM11/22/22
to cdap...@googlegroups.com, Kushil Dodhia
Hi Mario,

At this time, using a custom service account is unsupported; preview uses the same service account as CDAP system services. We're currently planning out some features around this area; can you elaborate on what your use case is for specifying a custom service account?

-Dennis

Dennis Li

lide...@google.com +1 (650) 789-0442

Software Engineer, Google Cloud

Give me anonymous feedback: go/hello-dennis

Mario Giuffrida

Nov 23, 2022, 5:33:54 AM11/23/22
to cdap...@googlegroups.com, Kushil Dodhia
Hi Dennis,

We would be interested in using a custom service account for CDAP system service more than using it for running previews.

The reason behind this request is the following.

We have used CDAP (distributed K8 installation) extensively internally and, as such, we have used and granted our custom service accounts permissions on multiple projects. Now we are finally evaluating moving to Cloud Data Fusion and the possibility to reuse those existing service accounts would mean a very easy swap between CDAP and CDF, with no more permissions granting needed.

We believe this could be a general requirement for anyone swapping from distributed CDAP to CDF.

Thank you

On Tue, 22 Nov 2022 at 21:41, 'Dennis Li' via CDAP User <cdap...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi Mario, At this time, using a custom service account is unsupported; preview uses the same service account as CDAP system services. We're currently planning out some features around this area; can you elaborate on what your use case is
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

--