Pipeline multiple parallel runs

shreyasi misra

Sep 27, 2022, 4:39:21 AM9/27/22
to CDAP User
Hi,
I had a doubt regarding how I could run the same pipeline with different runtime arguments simultaneously and parallel instead of one after the other.

Also, if I schedule a pipeline to run every 5 minutes, and the previous pipeline is running for more than 5 minutes. Does the next scheduled pipeline deployment get stalled till the previous workflow is complete or is it started simultaneously?
Thanks

Albert Shau

Sep 29, 2022, 1:29:37 PM9/29/22
to cdap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shreyasi,

In the UI, the schedule has a property for the maximum number of concurrent runs. If there are fewer than the max, the run will begin without delay. If there are max concurrent runs already, the run will be rejected and skipped. Note that this only applies to pipelines started by schedules. Runs started directly through the API or the run button on the UI will not check these constraints. By default, the UI sets max concurrent runs to 1, which disallows multiple concurrent runs.

However, there are many more options (like waiting for some time instead of rejecting immediately) allowed if you create a schedule through the REST API (https://cdap.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOCS/pages/477560983/Lifecycle+Microservices#Add-a-Schedule).

Regards,
Albert

shreyasi misra

Sep 30, 2022, 1:42:00 AM9/30/22
to CDAP User
Hi Albert,

Thank you for your response. Understood, thanks.