50 users limitation on Data Fusion

Mario Giuffrida

Nov 21, 2022, 10:56:52 AM11/21/22
to cdap...@googlegroups.com
Hello Google team,

In the document https://cloud.google.com/data-fusion/docs/concepts/rbac#limitations it is mentioned "Users: A maximum of 50 users per instance are supported.", we would like to understand it more:

  • Would '50 users' refer to 50 entries in the RBAC configuration, where an entry can be a user or a google group? I.e.:
    • Can we add 50 google groups without hitting the limit?
    • Can we add a single google group with more than 50 members?

Thank you
Mario

Wangyuan Zhang

Nov 21, 2022, 1:40:14 PM11/21/22
to cdap...@googlegroups.com
It is a recommended limit, not an enforced hard limit.

And this refers to the number of concurrent end users for a Cloud DataFusion instance at a given point of time. You can have more users sharing a given instance but only a fraction of them are using the instance at the same time.

To answer your questions.
* Yes. You can grant permissions to 50 or more individual users or groups.
* Yes. You can grant a single group with 50 or more members, but we recommend avoiding too many individual end users to use the instance at the same time.

Mario Giuffrida

Nov 22, 2022, 8:24:36 AM11/22/22
to cdap...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Wangyuan!

On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 at 19:40, 'Wangyuan Zhang' via CDAP User <cdap...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
It is a recommended limit, not an enforced hard limit.   And this refers to the number of concurrent end users for a Cloud DataFusion instance at a given point of time. You can have more users sharing a given instance but only a fraction of
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

--