[Help] cdap-security not loading on twill containers

Thota Srinath

Jul 7, 2023, 4:58:10 AM7/7/23
to CDAP User
Hi All,

           I have few questions, I configured CDAP on generic Hadoop without enabling security. I am trying to run only 4 components - kafka,master,ui and router and able to run batch programs. Now, I would like to use postgres as data.storage.implementation instead of hbase. Have configured accordingly with credentials in cdap-security.xml.
           Observed that, on startup twill containers were not able to connect to Postgres. The container log has error Null as password. I see that the credentials from cdap-security not loading in twill containers.
  1. Do, I need to configure any Paramerters to use cdap-security in twill containers.?
  2. Whether, the postgres only supported in kubernetes deployments?

Thanks,
Srinath

Thota Srinath

Jul 10, 2023, 11:36:30 PM7/10/23
to cdap...@googlegroups.com
Looks like it's a bug.. distributed cdap should support kms. I didn't find an option to configure the credentials for data.spi in kms for cdap.

Can someone please confirm.

Thanks,
Srinath