Where can I download plugin jars from so I can do a terraform/API upload?

Darragh

Oct 10, 2022, 8:33:15 AM10/10/22
to CDAP User
I've gone through huge amounts of docs and stackoverflow around uploading plugins, and while I've found copious examples of how to upload the plugin jars ( stock plugins from Hub such as hydrator-plugin-python-transform and v), I cannot for the life of me understand where to download the jars from so that I can upload them to my own CDAP/DataFusion instance...

Am I missing something fundamental here? I don't want to have to build them as that defeats the purpose, and when deploying from the DataFusion Hub UI it all just magically works, but how the hell do I get hold of the actual plugin jars so I can upload as part of my CI/CD automation??

Albert Shau

Oct 11, 2022, 1:08:47 PM10/11/22
to cdap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Darragh,

If you're trying to automate the Hub plugin deployment, take a look at https://cdap.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOCS/pages/554401840/Hub+API, which describes how it is setup.

For example, by default a CDAP install will use a base url of 'https://hub.cdap.io/v2'. If you want to install the database-plugins plugin, that means you can pull the jar from https://hub.cdap.io/v2/packages/hydrator-plugin-database-plugin/2.9.2/database-plugins-2.9.2.jar and configuration json from https://hub.cdap.io/v2/packages/hydrator-plugin-database-plugin/2.9.2/database-plugins-2.9.2.json.

Regards,
Albert

On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 5:33 AM Darragh <gcp-analyt...@cygnvs.com> wrote:
I've gone through huge amounts of docs and stackoverflow around uploading plugins, and while I've found copious examples of how to upload the plugin jars ( stock plugins from Hub such as hydrator-plugin-python-transform and v), I cannot for the life of me understand where to download the jars from so that I can upload them to my own CDAP/DataFusion instance...

Am I missing something fundamental here? I don't want to have to build them as that defeats the purpose, and when deploying from the DataFusion Hub UI it all just magically works, but how the hell do I get hold of the actual plugin jars so I can upload as part of my CI/CD automation??

Darragh

Oct 13, 2022, 4:55:21 AM10/13/22
to CDAP User
Hi Albert,

Thanks for the reply! I'm trying to pull 2 plugin jars, and using the base url pattern you gave me I'm getting "the specific key does not exist"...

Both jars are listed in here:  https://hub.cdap.io/v2/packages.json

  { "name": "hydrator-plugin-python-transform", "version": "2.2.2", "description": "A plugin that can execute user-provided python code to transform input record into zero or more records. Source code available at https://github.com/data-integrations/python-plugins.", "label": "Python Transform", "author": "Cask", "org": "Cask Data, Inc.", "cdapVersion": "[6.0.0-SNAPSHOT, 7.0.0-SNAPSHOT)", "created": 1616022252, "beta": false, "categories": [ "hydrator-plugin" ], "paid": false },

  { "name": "plugin-kinesis-streaming-source", "version": "2.0.0", "description": "Amazon Kinesis Streaming Source (Scala 2.12)", "label": "Amazon Kinesis Streaming Source", "author": "Cask", "org": "Cask Data, Inc.", "cdapVersion": "[6.4.0-SNAPSHOT,7.0.0-SNAPSHOT)", "created": 1662564116, "beta": false, "categories": [ "AWS", "hydrator-plugin" ], "paid": false }

And using the kinesis plugin as an example, I can get access to the spec.json using this url: https://hub.cdap.io/v2/packages/plugin-kinesis-streaming-source/2.0.0/spec.json , but no sign of the jar itself...

Am I using the wrong endpoint, or missing some config when making the call?

Thanks,

Darragh

Darragh

Oct 13, 2022, 5:12:19 AM10/13/22
to CDAP User
Hi Albert,

Please ignore the previous, I completely typoed my own URLS :facepalm:
I have the jars and json, and the pattern to get access to any others I need know.

Thanks for your help!!