[CC Thai] Re: the next issue of CC Asia Pacific Newsletter

Chitpong Kittinaradorn

May 17, 2010, 11:39:35 PM5/17/10
to Tyng-Ruey Chuang, Berne Guerrero, ccthailand
Dear Tyng-Ruey,

Good to hear from you. Sure we can provide some stories. The one you mention is actually a good one. Following is the translation:

---------------------------

An Award-winning CC book in Thailand.

In Thailand, OhMyGods Books Publisher has published a translation of John Izzo's The Five Secrets You Must Discover Before You Die. This book was a Gold Medal Winner in Life Improvement category of The Independent Publisher Book Awards in 2008. The translation was freely distributed under a CC by-nc-nd 3.0 Thailand license. The printed edition is now available in stores, and the PDF version can be downloaded from here.

cc-book-th.tiff

---------------------------

And another one:

---------------------------

What's Wrong with Creative Commons?: CC Salon in Chiang Mai, Thailand.

In 12 June 2010, a CC Salon will be organised at Chiang Mai University Library in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Sunil Abraham, from The Centre for Internet & Society in India, will be a keynote speaker on the topic "What's Wrong with Creative Commons?"

Sunil Abraham (Executive Director) is a Bangalore-based social entrepreneur and Free Software advocate. He founded Mahiti in 1998 which aims to reduce the cost and complexity of Information and Communication Technology for the Voluntary Sector by using Free Software. Today, Mahiti employs more than 50 engineers and Sunil continues to serve on the board. He was elected an Ashoka fellow in 1999 to 'explore the democratic potential of the Internet'. He was granted a Sarai FLOSS fellowship in 2003. Between June 2004 and June 2007, Sunil also managed the International Open Source Network a project of United Nations Development Programme's Asia-Pacific Development Information Programme serving 42 countries in the Asia-Pacific region. Between September 2007 and June 2008, he managed ENRAP an electronic network of International Fund for Agricultural Development projects in the Asia-Pacific facilitated and co-funded by International Development Research Centre, Canada.

A Facebook event has the detail of this event.

---------------------------

Hope these stories are ok.

Cheers,

Chitpong

On 17 May 2010 09:03, Tyng-Ruey Chuang <t...@iis.sinica.edu.tw> wrote:
Dear Chitpong,

This is Tyng-Ruey from CC Taiwan. It has been a long time
since we met at Manila, and I hope to see you again in Seoul.

Berne and I are preparing the next issue of CC Asia Pacific
Newsletter, and we wish to include one or two stories from Thailand.

When I visit the CC Thailand website, I am impressed by the
many stories on the site. Could you translate one or two
articles into English for the newsletter readers? For example,
I am very curious about this one:

http://cc.in.th/archives/425

Basically, any story no older than Oct 2009 will be fine.

Many thanks for your help. I look forward to hearing from you.

best,
Tyng-Ruey

P.S. Please also supply the following information in English for your story:

title=
link=
author=
translator=
license=

Thanks again

--
Chitpong Kittinaradorn
Consultant | Change Fusion (changefusion.org)

cc-book-th.tiff

Chitpong Kittinaradorn

May 17, 2010, 11:45:55 PM5/17/10
to Tyng-Ruey Chuang, Berne Guerrero, ccthailand
Sorry forget the metadata:

title=An Award-winning CC book in Thailand.
link=http://cc.in.th/archives/425
author=Arthit Suriyawongkul
translator=Chitpong Kittinaradorn
license=CC by 3.0 Thailand

title=What's Wrong with Creative Commons?: CC Salon in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
link=http://cc.in.th/archives/448
author=Arthit Suriyawongkul
translator=Chitpong Kittinaradorn
license=CC by 3.0 Thailand
cc-book-th.tiff

Arthit Suriyawongkul

May 18, 2010, 12:10:37 AM5/18/10
to cctha...@googlegroups.com, Berne Guerrero, Tyng-Ruey Chuang

small fix on the venue for cc salon chiang mai.
it's at School of Media Arts and Design, Chiang Mai University.
(and NOT CMU Library)

thx Chitpong for wonderful translation, he actually put some additional background info which is useful.

cheers,
art

--
bact' mobile