Fwd: [CrisisCommons] plug for Free Emergency Comm Workshop May 22-23 Silicon Valley CA

Everett Batey

Apr 26, 2011, 12:03:50 PM4/26/11
to Crisis Camp Southern California

--
 R/  Everett Batey / Skype: wa6cre-10 / efb...@gmail.com
    (805) 616-2471 / G-Talk/Twitter: efbatey / CrisisLinks http://bit.ly/cw95Um

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeannie Stamberger <jeannie.s...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 8:40 AM
Subject: Re: [CrisisCommons] plug for Free Emergency Comm Workshop May 22-23 Silicon Valley CA
To: Everett Batey <efb...@gmail.com>
Cc: crisis...@googlegroups.com, "Chad Catacchio, CCSOCAL" <chadca...@gmail.com>, Heather Blanchard <hea...@crisiscommons.org>, arc...@cotdazr.org

I can't answer the question about lost work, but a more extensive description of the event is at: http://www.cmu.edu/silicon-valley/dmi/workshop2011/index.html

Program Schedule is here:http://www.cmu.edu/silicon-valley/dmi/workshop2011/program-details.html

Program Overview (http://www.cmu.edu/silicon-valley/dmi/workshop2011/program-overview.html)

Program Overview

Keynote Speeches

  • “Better Together – Public/Private Partnerships” - Michael Cummings, FEMA Region 9 Private Sector Liaison
  • “Burning Man: Temporary IT and Communications” – Joseph Pred, Communications Coordinator for Burning Man
  • Other invited speakers - TBA

Participate: Hands-on participation in Exercises, Classes & Workshops

  • Plugfest Exercise
  • Basic ICS Training, Strategy and Tabletop Exercise – National Disaster Resiliency Center
  • Disaster Communication Exercise  - Cal EMA and Santa Clara County OES
  • Amateur Radio: Digital and Packet Radio Talk and Workshop - DMI
  • Red Cross Communication  - Planning and Practice – American Red Cross
  • Personal Emergency Preparedness (PEP) Class
  • Interoperability Skills Exercise - Cal EMA
  • Interoperability Configuration Best Practices - Cal EMA
  • Geocam Demonstration/Exercise - NASA
  • Common Operating Picture Demo and Hyperwall Demo - DMI
  • Coding and Communications - InSTEDD

Learn: Presentations and Panels

  • Rapid Disaster Communications Setup Panel Session – Naval Postgraduate School, Cisco
  • LTE - Alcatel Lucent
  • NETGuard Overview – California Resiliency Alliance
  • Enterprise Resiliency - IntraPoint
  • Geocam: Network of Citizen Disaster Responders – NASA
  • A Common Operating Picture - GGSN
  • NASA’s International Adventures in Emergency Communication - NASA
  • Santa Clara Emergency Wireless Network - SCEWN
  • Incident Aide System - DMI
  • A Next Generation Emergency Operating Center - DMI
  • ICS Overview
  • Incident Action Plans
  • Antenna Optimization - DMI
  • Interior Positioning with Sound
  • Interior Positioning with TOF Radio
  • Interoperability and Narrow Banding for Non-Techies
  • UDOP: Crowdsourcing Situational Awareness - DMI
  • Voice Control for Smart Apps for Disaster Management
  • Setting Up a 911 Ambulance Service in India – CMU Pittsburgh
  • San Bruno Disaster Debrief Panel Session

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Everett Batey <efb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Jeannie, Chad, Heather B

I think I lost some work from last year e.g.

No longer go where they went.  While not suited to Public Affairs Comms, they were an effort to bring together the technical resource community.  By any chance did those pages / projects get a new home or are they just inappropriate to crisiscommons in 2011.

My last histories on those pages were "2010 October 11 Efbatey (Talk | contribs) (12,919 bytes) (Telecomms Team) ... "

Any chance to relocate the earlier content and designate a place for the workers.

If not relocate on crisiscommons, provide me the content (I'm a little wiki handicapped), I may be able to host it elsewhere.

I had a lot of volunteers in lists on those pages.  I was hoping to ensure they got the message you posted below for DMI Event/ MCC Rally on Emergency Communications, May 22-23 (Sunday and Monday) NASA Ames, Moffett Field CA. http://dmirally.eventbrite.com

PS Is there a more extensive link beyond EventBrite for what is on the agenda?

--
 R/  Everett Batey / Skype: wa6cre-10 / efb...@gmail.com
  or efb...@cotdazr.org or wa6...@rabbitradio.org or lione...@gmail.com
    (805) 616-2471 / G-Talk/Twitter: efbatey / CrisisLinks http://bit.ly/cw95Um

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 8:01 AM, Jeannie Stamberger <jeannie.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,
Just wanted to egregiously plug our free upcoming workshop on DMI Event/ MCC Rally on Emergency Communications, May 22-23 (Sunday and Monday) NASA Ames, Moffett Field CA. http://dmirally.eventbrite.com

It is our annual Disaster Management Initiative event, which last year we also coupled with a 2-day CrisisCamp. This year, we won't be hosting a CrisisCamp, not because we don't love CrisisCommons, but this year we are focusing on hardware testing, partnering with CalEMA and CalFire and ~ 30 emergency communications vehicles.

Despite not having a CrisisCamp, there will be lots of opportunities for volunteer hands-on participation in demos, experiments, interoperability tests, exercises, panels, etc, all around Emergency Communications, and what works and doesn't and what is needed.

Attendees include FEMA to Burning Man and everyone in between, so it should be an interesting and fun time!

Cheers,
Jeannie

--
Jeannie A. Stamberger, Ph.D.