Thanks! Re: [CCSOCAL] Carmaggedon

Alex Rose

Jul 25, 2011, 10:20:40 AM7/25/11
to ccs...@googlegroups.com
Hi CrisisCampSoCal volunteers-

Thank you for supporting the "virtual" crisis camp last weekend.
Though Carmageddon was ultimately a non-event, this engagement was a
worthwhile opportunity for our community to provide support to the Los
Angeles Sheriff Department. Captain Mike Parker shared with us that
our social media monitoring enhanced the situational awareness in the
Emergency Operations Center (EOC). Moreover, because it was a
non-event, the Senior Leaders in the EOC had enough downtime to
observe the information we were filtering and contributing. By all
accounts, everyone in the EOC was impressed by what we did, and moving
forward they aim to include our voluntary contributions in the
Incident Command System Org Chart for every activation of the EOC.
This is really significant!!!

All who helped out should be proud of the fact that we enhanced the
situational awareness of the Unified Command to the degree that if we
weren't monitoring the tweets, pre-positioned officers would have
needed to be redeployed to put eyes on certain situations that our
tweets were grounding. Expect a more through report to come, but join
us in celebrating this successful engagement.

All the best,
Chad Catacchio and Alex Rose
Crisis Camp SoCal