CS/CNIT Peer Advising Session Spring 2017 -- Wed 1/25 & Thu 1/26, 4-6pm both days, in Batmale 411

1 view

Katherine

Jan 25, 2017, 5:50:51 PM1/25/17
to CCSF Linux Users Group
Hey LUG,

We're co-hosting our CS/CNIT Peer Advising Sessions on:
  • Wed, Jan. 25th, 4-6pm in BATL 411
  • Thu, Jan. 26th, 4-6pm in BATL 411
This is our clubs' major service event every semester.  We recruit students who have taken classes in each of the disciplines -- programming, databases, system administration, security, web development, mobile development, etc -- offered by CCSF, so collectively we can answer questions about classes & instructors:
  • what are the real prerequisites of this class?
  • how much work does the class really take?
  • why would you study C++ vs Java (vs Python vs Ruby vs PHP vs perl vs C# vs Swift...)?
  • what are the different teaching styles of different faculty?  (what are they looking for?  why you take a class with one vs another?)
  • etc...
So please reply to this email if you can make either or both of these Peer Advising Sessions, and include what classes/instructors you've taken.

This will help us make sure we cover all the specialties.

It's also an opportunity to find out about all the CS student clubs:
...and to catch up with folks you haven't seen since last semester + meet some new folks too.

So come to the first club events of the semester, have some pizza, and meet some new people.
See you next week!