Question about the tag value of task ColorDetector in PAM module (basicLIDA tutorial Exercises)

Rizal Khaefi

May 11, 2012, 8:44:28 PM5/11/12
to Cognitive Computing Research Group - CCRG
Dear LIDA experts,

My name is Rizal Khaefi. I am an undergraduate student from Diponegoro
University, Indonesia.
In the context of my final project, I am interested to integrate LIDA
technology with computer vision (opencv&jmf) so the LIDA could be able
to percept and identify object in human environment.

I have been reading the LIDA model and framework papers, I have
installed the framework and run the AGI 11 tutorial exercises.

I have successfully finishing the basicAgentExercises exercises.
But I cant understand the tag value of task ColorDetector in
PerceptualAssociativeMemory module.

Could you explain the why the redDetector tag value is -65536 and
blueDetector tag value is -16776961?

Regards,

Rizal

Javier Snaider

May 12, 2012, 10:52:12 AM5/12/12
to ccrg-m...@googlegroups.com
Dear Rizal,

Thank you for your interest in LIDA.
The two numbers are just the decimal format of the int numbers that represent red (-65536 = 0xFFFF0000) and blue (-16776961 = 0xFF0000FF) in Java

Best,

Javier

Rizal Khaefi

May 12, 2012, 12:10:34 PM5/12/12
to Cognitive Computing Research Group - CCRG
Thanks for your clear answer, Mr. Javier.

Could you share me some interesting study, project or journal, etc
related to integrating LIDA with computer vision technology?

Ryan J. McCall

May 15, 2012, 1:05:25 PM5/15/12
to Cognitive Computing Research Group - CCRG
Hi Rizal,

We are actively discussing this issue however we don not have a paper
on it yet. We are studying various approaches including HMAX, deep
machine learning techniques such as HTM and DeSTIN, and more recently
hierarchical dynamical models e.g. Friston and Kiebel.

Best,

Ryan

Rizal Khaefi

May 16, 2012, 6:33:08 AM5/16/12
to Cognitive Computing Research Group - CCRG
Thanks for your answer Mr. Ryan.

Keep the spirit LIDA developer team, I believe you are building an
awesome system.
Wish me luck in my final project.

Greetings from Indonesia :)