ViewProjectReport.aspx error

Steve

Jan 9, 2008, 4:00:54 AM1/9/08
to ccnet-user
Hi,
I'm new to ccnet but have it up and running and building my
applications but have one problem that I can't resolve.

When I open the web dashboard it all looks fine I can see my project
and its status etc. but if I click on the project name I get
"Unexpected exception caught on server" I can still use the menu
options on the left to view the last build etc and these work ok.

In any one has any tips I would be very gratful. The full error is
below.
Thanks
Steve

ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.CruiseControlException: Unexpected
exception caught on server ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException:
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\CruiseControl.NET
\server\ProjectIntegrate\Artifacts\log'. at
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at
System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String
userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean
includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption) at
System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption
searchOption) at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String
searchPattern) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.LogFileUtil.GetLogFileNames(String
path) at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Project.GetBuildNames() at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Project.GetMostRecentBuildNames(Int32
buildCount) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.CruiseServer.GetMostRecentBuildNames(String
projectName, Int32 buildCount) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.CruiseManager.GetMostRecentBuildNames(String
projectName, Int32 buildCount) --- End of inner exception stack trace
--- Server stack trace: at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.CruiseManager.GetMostRecentBuildNames(String
projectName, Int32 buildCount) at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr
md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean
fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs) at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle
md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean
fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs) at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage
msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext) Exception rethrown at
[0]: at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage
reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData&
msgData, Int32 type) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Remote.ICruiseManager.GetMostRecentBuildNames(String
projectName, Int32 buildCount) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.WebDashboard.ServerConnection.ServerAggregatingCruiseManagerWrapper.GetMostRecentBuildSpecifiers(IProjectSpecifier
projectSpecifier, Int32 buildCount) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.WebDashboard.Plugins.ProjectReport.ProjectReportProjectPlugin.Execute(ICruiseRequest
cruiseRequest) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.WebDashboard.MVC.Cruise.ServerCheckingProxyAction.Execute(ICruiseRequest
cruiseRequest) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.WebDashboard.MVC.Cruise.ProjectCheckingProxyAction.Execute(ICruiseRequest
cruiseRequest) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.WebDashboard.MVC.Cruise.CruiseActionProxyAction.Execute(IRequest
request) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.WebDashboard.MVC.Cruise.ExceptionCatchingActionProxy.Execute(IRequest
request)

Daniel Hommel

Jan 9, 2008, 4:11:18 AM1/9/08
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve

does the path

C:\Program Files\CruiseControl.NET\server\ProjectIntegrate\Artifacts\log

exist?

regards,

Daniel

Steve

Jan 9, 2008, 5:22:59 AM1/9/08
to ccnet-user
Hi Daniel,

Yes that path exists and it contains the xml files for my builds.

Thanks

Steve

Ruben Willems

Jan 9, 2008, 5:50:25 AM1/9/08
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi

are there any files in this folder?
if so, can you post the filenames (a couple will do)

with kind regards
Ruben Willems

Steve

Jan 9, 2008, 6:01:05 AM1/9/08
to ccnet-user
Hi,

There are two because I have only done two build son this machine.

log20080108101056.xml
log20080108220000.xml

I guess the fact that I can see the build information in the dahboard
indicates that these files are ok.

Thanks

Steve
> > Steve- Hide quoted text -

Ruben Willems

Jan 9, 2008, 6:18:47 AM1/9/08
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi

yes, you're correct,

I just wanted to be sure because the error says :
    'C:\Program Files\CruiseControl.NET\server\ProjectIntegrate\Artifacts\log'
and did not specify a filename.

now, what is your configuration? (ccnet.config)

did you change something in it?
the state file setting or so?

with kind regards
Ruben Willems

Steve

Jan 9, 2008, 6:27:09 AM1/9/08
to ccnet-user
Thanks for your time, config file is below,

Steve

<cruisecontrol>
<!-- This is your CruiseControl.NET Server Configuration file. Add
your projects below! -->

<project name="ProjectIntegrate" webURL="http://localhost/ccnet">
<triggers>

<!-- Every weekday @ 10pm -->
<scheduleTrigger time="22:00" buildCondition="ForceBuild"
name="Scheduled">
<weekDays>
<weekDay>Monday</weekDay>
<weekDay>Tuesday</weekDay>
<weekDay>Wednesday</weekDay>
<weekDay>Thursday</weekDay>
<weekDay>Friday</weekDay>
</weekDays>
</scheduleTrigger>

</triggers>

<sourcecontrol type="vss" autoGetSource="true">
<project>$/Project Integrate/BMS 2.2/PROJECTINTGRATE</project>
<username>P0039453</username>
<password></password>
<ssdir>\\mshsrmsappd0002\SourceSafe</ssdir>
<workingDirectory>C:\PROJECT INTEGRATE\BMS\PROJECTINTGRATE</
workingDirectory>
<timeout units="minutes">40</timeout>
</sourcecontrol>

<tasks>
<devenv>
<solutionfile>"C:\PROJECT INTEGRATE\BMS\PROJECTINTGRATE
\ProjectIntgrate.sln"</solutionfile>
<configuration>Debug</configuration>
</devenv>
<exec>
<executable>"C:\Program Files\CruiseControl.NET\server
\BatchFiles\buildMSI.bat"</executable>
</exec>
<!--<exec>
<executable>"C:\Program Files\CruiseControl.NET\server\BatchFiles
\VSSDBExport.bat"</executable>
</exec>-->
</tasks>
<publishers>
<xmllogger logDir="log" />
</publishers>
</project>
</cruisecontrol>

Ruben Willems

Jan 9, 2008, 6:41:49 AM1/9/08
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com
HI

if posible, can you change the xmllogger to the default?
<xmllogger logDir="log" />

Launch an integration and checkif it works correctly?
If it is now ok, then there is a problem with the specifying of the logdir in the xml logger.

btw, which version are you using?

with kind regards
Ruben Willems

Steve

Jan 9, 2008, 7:44:47 AM1/9/08
to ccnet-user
I removed the xmllogger tag to I assume use the default.
Build suceeded and created a new folder "C:\Program Files
\CruiseControl.NET\server\ProjectIntegrate\Artifacts\buildlogs" and
put an xml file in the folder.

Dashboard still has the same error, even "Could not find a part of the
path 'C:\Program Files\CruiseControl.NET\server\ProjectIntegrate
\Artifacts\log"
Seems odd.
I also tried changing the XMLLogger tag to explicitly point to
buildlogs but exactly the same error.

Ruben Willems

Jan 9, 2008, 8:23:55 AM1/9/08
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi
Just to be sure :

can you do the following :
- stop ccnet service/console
- clear the browser cache
- restart iis

and force a build

If this still does not work, than there is a serious problem.
(keep the default xml logger)

with kind regards
Ruben Willems

Steve

Jan 9, 2008, 8:30:29 AM1/9/08
to ccnet-user
Something must have cached the old setting because its now working
fine with the default path.

A big thank you for all your help.

Regards

Steve

Jose

Feb 28, 2008, 11:23:47 AM2/28/08
to ccnet-user
Thanks for these replies. I found it really useful because i was using
CCNet for the first time.

Regards,
Jose