MSBuild.xsl Error - Unable to transform

RickM

Apr 30, 2007, 2:32:18 PM4/30/07
to ccnet-user
I'm getting the following error when trying to look at MSBuild output
after installing 1.3.0.2833. I corrected the problems with the xsl
file but don't know how to submit the fix. Can someone point me to
documentation on how to supply the fix?

There was an exception trying to carry out your request. Details of
the Exception are:
Exception Message

Unable to load transform: e:\dev\CruiseControl.NET\webdashboard\xsl
\msbuild.xsl
Exception Full Details

ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.CruiseControlException: Unable to load
transform: e:\dev\CruiseControl.NET\webdashboard\xsl\msbuild.xsl --->
System.Xml.Xsl.XslLoadException: XSLT compile error. An error occurred
at e:\dev\CruiseControl.NET\webdashboard\xsl\msbuild.xsl(0,0). --->
System.Xml.XmlException: For security reasons DTD is prohibited in
this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the ProhibitDtd
property on XmlReaderSettings to false and pass the settings into
XmlReader.Create method. at
System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) at etc.

Jeff Parker

Jun 22, 2007, 11:21:40 AM6/22/07
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com
Heya, folks.

We're currently working on upgrading our servers to version 1.3.
Unfortunately, we are now encountering the problem listed in this log.

We pulled the latest version, which is 1.3.0.2918, and we can't view our
build results. If we just view the build on the web dashboard, the link
is dead. If we try to use the XSL to transform the results and send the
output via email, it bombs our builds.

How do we fix this issue?

Thanks.

Jeff

Jeff Parker

Jun 22, 2007, 11:26:20 AM6/22/07
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com
Rick,

I have submitted a code fix to this project before. If you go to this
link:

http://confluence.public.thoughtworks.org/display/CCNET/Project+Details

and take a look at the Submitting Updates section, you'll find
information on how to submit fixes to the project.

In the meantime, can you explain what you did to fix the XSL?

Thanks.

Jeff

Jun 22, 2007, 1:23:35 PM6/22/07
to ccnet-user
Jeff,

Thanks for the link on submitting updates. I'll follow up on that
later.

I had to remove the DOCTYPE and ENTITY definition at the top of the
file which redefines & # 160; as nbsp and then replace the use of nbsp
within the stylesheet. There are four occurrences. For example:
from "<xsl:value-of select="@file"/>&nbsp;" to "<xsl:value-of
select="@file"/>&#160;". In case that doesn't look right, the change
is from ampersandnbsp; to ampersand#160;.

I also had to change an empty <xsl:choose></xsl:choose> to
<xsl:choose><xsl:when test="false"/></xsl:choose>.

There may be better ways to fix these, but these got me running.

Regards!

On Jun 22, 9:26 am, "Jeff Parker" <Jeff.Par...@exploredata.com> wrote:
> Rick,
>
> I have submitted a code fix to this project before. If you go to this
> link:
>
> http://confluence.public.thoughtworks.org/display/CCNET/Project+Details
>
> and take a look at the Submitting Updates section, you'll find
> information on how to submit fixes to the project.
>
> In the meantime, can you explain what you did to fix the XSL?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Jeff-----Original Message-----

Chris Weiss

Jun 24, 2007, 3:13:44 PM6/24/07
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com

Apparently, this fix did not make it into the 1.3 release. I just
finished installing on two boxes and am getting the error on both.
--
-Chris

Tilman

Jul 11, 2007, 11:56:02 AM7/11/07
to ccnet-user
Same here.

WalterB

Jul 30, 2007, 3:33:12 PM7/30/07
to ccnet-user
Just migrated to 1.3 - still getting this problem. I did implement the
suggested fix, but I'm curious as to why it's not happening to
everyone using 1.3 and msbuild.xsl.

tomfanning

Aug 1, 2007, 6:10:08 AM8/1/07
to ccnet-user

I'm seeing the same here - clean installation of 1.3. I'm about to
implement the fix above - I'll report back if it works.

tomfanning

Aug 1, 2007, 6:17:28 AM8/1/07
to ccnet-user

The previous fix did *not* work for me - here's the full exception.

Exception Message
Unable to load transform: C:\Program Files\CruiseControl.NET
\webdashboard\xsl\msbuild.xsl

Exception Full Details
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.CruiseControlException: Unable to load

transform: C:\Program Files\CruiseControl.NET\webdashboard\xsl

\msbuild.xsl ---> System.Xml.Xsl.XslLoadException: XSLT compile error.

An error occurred at C:\Program Files\CruiseControl.NET\webdashboard

\xsl\msbuild.xsl(0,0). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: For security
reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD
processing set the ProhibitDtd property on XmlReaderSettings to false
and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method. at
System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) at

System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res, String
arg) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDoctypeDecl() at
System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent() at
System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() at
System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.XsltInput.ReadNextSiblingHelper() at
System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.XsltInput.MoveToNextSibling() at
System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.XsltInput.Start() at
System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.XsltLoader.LoadDocument() at
System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.XsltLoader.LoadStylesheet(XmlReader reader,
Boolean include) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at
System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.XsltLoader.LoadStylesheet(XmlReader reader,
Boolean include) at System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.XsltLoader.Load(Compiler
compiler, Object stylesheet, XmlResolver xmlResolver) at
System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.Compiler.Compile(Object stylesheet, XmlResolver
xmlResolver, QilExpression& qil) at
System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.CompileToQil(Object stylesheet,
XsltSettings settings, XmlResolver stylesheetResolver) at
System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.LoadInternal(Object stylesheet,
XsltSettings settings, XmlResolver stylesheetResolver) at
System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.Load(String stylesheetUri) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Util.XslTransformer.LoadStylesheet(XslCompiledTransform
transform, String xslFileName) --- End of inner exception stack trace
--- at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Util.XslTransformer.LoadStylesheet(XslCompiledTransform
transform, String xslFileName) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Util.XslTransformer.Transform(String
input, String xslFilename, Hashtable xsltArgs) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Util.HtmlAwareMultiTransformer.Transform(String
input, String[] transformerFileNames, Hashtable xsltArgs) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.WebDashboard.Dashboard.PathMappingMultiTransformer.Transform(String
input, String[] transformerFileNames, Hashtable xsltArgs) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.WebDashboard.Dashboard.BuildRequestTransformer.Transform(IBuildSpecifier
buildSpecifier, String[] transformerFileNames, Hashtable xsltArgs) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.WebDashboard.Dashboard.Actions.MultipleXslReportBuildAction.Execute(ICruiseRequest
cruiseRequest) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.WebDashboard.MVC.Cruise.ServerCheckingProxyAction.Execute(ICruiseRequest
cruiseRequest) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.WebDashboard.MVC.Cruise.BuildCheckingProxyAction.Execute(ICruiseRequest
cruiseRequest) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.WebDashboard.MVC.Cruise.ProjectCheckingProxyAction.Execute(ICruiseRequest
cruiseRequest) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.WebDashboard.MVC.Cruise.CruiseActionProxyAction.Execute(IRequest
request) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.WebDashboard.MVC.Cruise.CachingActionProxy.Execute(IRequest
request) at
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.WebDashboard.MVC.Cruise.ExceptionCatchingActionProxy.Execute(IRequest
request)

tomfanning

Aug 1, 2007, 7:58:51 AM8/1/07
to ccnet-user

On Aug 1, 11:17 am, tomfanning <m...@tomfanning.eu> wrote:
> On Aug 1, 11:10 am, tomfanning <m...@tomfanning.eu> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 30, 8:33 pm, WalterB <walter.bo...@mesanetworks.net> wrote:
>
> > > Just migrated to 1.3 - still getting this problem. I did implement the
> > > suggested fix, but I'm curious as to why it's not happening to
> > > everyone using 1.3 and msbuild.xsl.
>
> > I'm seeing the same here - clean installation of 1.3. I'm about to
> > implement the fix above - I'll report back if it works.
>
> The previous fix did *not* work for me - here's the full exception.

<snip>

My apologies, I was editing the wrong copy of the msbuild.xsl file -
the one under /server/xsl rather than /webdashboard/xsl

Fixing it under the latter path makes it all ok.

Jeremy T

Aug 19, 2007, 11:36:08 PM8/19/07
to ccnet-user

Owen Rogers

Aug 20, 2007, 8:54:34 AM8/20/07
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com
On 20/08/07, Jeremy T <Jezza...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://jira.public.thoughtworks.org/browse/CCNET-953
> http://jira.public.thoughtworks.org/browse/CCNET-954

i apologise that it has taken some time to apply this fix. the
appropriate changes have been committed in build 1.3.0.2958 which can
also be downloaded from:
http://ccnetlive.thoughtworks.com/CCNet-builds/1.3/1.3.0.2958

cheers,
owen.