ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.CruiseControlException: Unable to find TF.exe and it was not defined in Executable Parameter

angela.c...@visma.com

Jun 22, 2017, 5:38:37 AM6/22/17
to ccnet-user
Hello

I encounter this error:
ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.CruiseControlException: Unable to find TF.exe and it was not defined in Executable Parameter at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Sourcecontrol.Vsts.ReadTfFromRegistry() at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Sourcecontrol.Vsts.get_Executable() at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Sourcecontrol.Vsts.NewProcessInfo(PrivateArguments args, IIntegrationResult result) at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Sourcecontrol.Vsts.ProjectExists(IIntegrationResult result) at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Sourcecontrol.Vsts.GetModifications(IIntegrationResult from, IIntegrationResult to) at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Sourcecontrol.QuietPeriod.GetModificationsWithLogging(ISourceControl sc, IIntegrationResult from, IIntegrationResult to) at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Sourcecontrol.QuietPeriod.GetModifications(ISourceControl sourceControl, IIntegrationResult lastBuild, IIntegrationResult thisBuild) at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.IntegrationRunner.GetModifications(IIntegrationResult from, IIntegrationResult to) at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.IntegrationRunner.Integrate(IntegrationRequest request)

This is my machine: - Win Server 2016 - Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Shell (Isolated) - Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2015 for WIndows Desktop - Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2015 Power Tools

I have tf.exe, here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE and added to PATH variable.

But it seems that ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Sourcecontrol.Vsts.ReadTfFromRegistry() fails. What am I missing?

Regards,

Angela Calborean

Ruben Willems

Jun 22, 2017, 7:11:11 AM6/22/17
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I do not know what version of ccnet you're using, but I think it's an older one.
What you can do is the following : specify the location of tf.exe in your ccnet.config

http://www.cruisecontrolnet.org/projects/ccnet/wiki/Team_Foundation_Server_(Tfs)

There is an element : executable

so adding the following to your source control block should work :

      <executable>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\TF.exe</executable>

When this element is empty, CCNet tries to find the location via the registry,
by specifying the location, the registry is not read.

with kind regards
Ruben Willems

--

---

angela.c...@visma.com

Jun 22, 2017, 7:37:18 AM6/22/17
to ccnet-user
Hello

I will try this as well.
After some searching I thought this is related to the fact that the paths for VS2015 are not tested in solution:

Ruben Willems

Jun 22, 2017, 7:46:19 AM6/22/17
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi

thanks for the info
I thought that VS2015 was the last known supported one, but it seems that it's 2013

with kind regards
Ruben Willems