log4Net XmlHierarchyConfigurator error

jhunsaker

Apr 13, 2007, 2:52:33 PM4/13/07
to ccnet-user
I receive this error as the final output for all of my builds. I must
have something misconfigured but log4Net.dll is right where it should
be in the \server directory. My <log4Net> config section follows
below.

Thank you.

log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Could not create Appender
[FileAppender] of type [log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender].
Reported error follows.
System.ArgumentException: The UNC path should be of the form \\server
\share.
at System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
at System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(String path)
at log4net.Util.SystemInfo.ConvertToFullPath(String path)
at log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender.ActivateOptions()
at
log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.XmlHierarchyConfigurator.ParseAppender(XmlElement
appenderElement)
log4net:ERROR XmlHierarchyConfigurator: Appender named [FileAppender]
not found.
]]></build>
</cruisecontrol>

<log4net>
<root>
<!--
Change the value in the next line to alter the amount of logging
generated by CruiseControl.NET.
The following values are supported: DEBUG, INFO, WARN, ERROR, OFF.
For more detailed information on how to configure log4net, see
http://logging.apache.org/log4net/
-->
<level value="DEBUG" />
<appender-ref ref="Console" />
<appender-ref ref="RollingFileAppender" />
</root>
<appender name="Console" type="log4net.Appender.ConsoleAppender">
<conversionPattern value="[%thread:%level] %message%newline" />
</layout>
</appender>
<appender name="RollingFileAppender"
<file value="ccnet.log" />
<appendToFile value="true" />
<rollingStyle value="Size" />
<maxSizeRollBackups value="10" />
<maximumFileSize value="10MB" />
<staticLogFileName value="true" />
<conversionPattern value="%date [%thread:%level] %message
%newline" />
</layout>
</appender>
</log4net>

Owen Rogers

Apr 13, 2007, 4:32:46 PM4/13/07
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com
On 13/04/07, jhunsaker <jeff.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I receive this error as the final output for all of my builds. I must
> have something misconfigured but log4Net.dll is right where it should
> be in the \server directory. My <log4Net> config section follows
> below.

i'm not sure that this is a problem with the location of the
log4net.dll or the <log4Net> config section.

> The UNC path should be of the form \\server\share.

this is suspicious.

where is ccnet installed? where are you running / launching ccnet from?
cheers,
owen.
--
Owen Rogers | http://dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/exortech |
CruiseControl.NET - http://ccnet.thoughtworks.com

jhunsaker

Apr 15, 2007, 7:21:14 AM4/15/07
to ccnet-user
I'm using the remote web interface hosted on WebServerA to kick off
the build. WebServerA communicates with BuildServerB using .Net
Remoting. BuildServerB hosts the CC.Net service installed to the
default location (C:\Program Files\CruiseControl.NET\server) executing
under a local administrative account. I don't believe it's related but
to provide as much detail as possible, I invoke a FinalBuilder 5.0
instance/project from within CC.Net. My config looks something like:

(I've tried changing the logDir element/property without success.)

<cruisecontrol>
<project name="MyProject">
<sourcecontrol type='nullSourceControl' />
<webURL>http://WebServerA/ccnet/server/BuildServerB/
ViewServerReport.aspx</webURL>
<tasks>
<FinalBuilder>
<ProjectFile>C:\Program Files\FinalBuilder 5\MyBuild\MyBuildfbz5</
ProjectFile>
<ShowBanner>false</ShowBanner>
<FBVariables>
<FBVariable name="foo" value="bar"/>
</FBVariables>
<Timeout>0</Timeout>
<DontWriteToLog>false</DontWriteToLog>
</FinalBuilder>
</tasks>
<publishers>
<xmllogger>
<logDir>C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data
\CCNet</logDir>
</xmllogger>
</publishers>
</project>