problem with Package Publisher in CCNET 1.6.7451.5

Lubomir Todorov

Jul 16, 2010, 3:19:06 AM7/16/10
to ccnet-user
Hello,
I have used in my work ccnet 1.4 and in all projects that are on the
server, I use package publisher, for building zip files with the
artifacts. Recently my boss told me to upgrade the version of ccnet,
so I downloaded 1.6.x and installed it, and I had problem with the
package publisher. So, it looks like this in the configuration:

<package>
<name>Mosaic_Onyx2</name>
<compression>9</compression>
<baseDirectory>X:\pipeline-onyx\Stabilisation\Output\Tools</
baseDirectory>
<files>
<file>Debug\Exe\Mosaic\**\*.*</file>
<file>Release\Exe\Mosaic\**\*.*</file>
</files>
</package>

and it works in ccnet 1.4, but ccnet 1.6 throws an error message, that
is that I am missing a xml node, called "packageList" and it doesn't
work. So, I searched everywhere in the documentations online how is
the correct syntax, but I didn't found anything about this node
<packageList>. I tried this syntax in the ccnet 1.6:

<package>
<name>Mosaic_Onyx2</name>
<packageList>
X:\pipeline-onyx\Stabilisation\Output\Tools\Release\Exe\Mosaic\*.*
</packageList>
</package>

and it doesn't throw an error, but it doesn't make the package also,
so this variant also doesn't work.
Please, if someone knows how is the correct syntax to tell me, this is
for my job and I can't get my work done without this.
Thanks in advance.

Benjamin Baumann

Jul 16, 2010, 4:40:06 AM7/16/10
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I never had this problem under CCnet 1.5 but I guess this thread could help you :
http://groups.google.com/group/ccnet-devel/browse_thread/thread/72a01ecbdded1a37

As Cedric said :
This is a sample of the configuration file xml:-
<package>
  <name>$(solutionName)</name>
  <compression>9</compression>
  <manifest type="defaultManifestGenerator" />
  <packageList>
    <file sourceFile="myAsm.dll"/>
    <file sourceFile="myPlugin.dll" targetFileName="yourPlugin.dll"/>
    <file sourceFile="myProject\bin\release\myAsm.dll"
targetFolder="\"/>
    <file sourceFile="myProject\bin\release\myAsm.dll"
targetFileName="myAsm2.dll" targetFolder="\myProject2\bin\release"/>
    <folder sourceFolder="myProject\bin" fileFilter="*.xml"
includeSubFolders="true" flatten="true"/>
    <folder sourceFolder="myProject\bin" fileFilter="*.pdb"
includeSubFolders="true" targetFolder="\debugfiles/>
  </packageList>
</package>

With kind regards,
Benjamin Baumann

Lubomir Todorov

Jul 16, 2010, 5:18:15 AM7/16/10
to ccnet-user
Hi,
thank you very much for the answer, it helped me and now the project
works :).
So, I changed my configuration this way, if someone has the same
problem, this is the syntax that works with ccnet 1.6. I tried it and
the archive was created properly.

<package>
<name>Mosaic_Onyx2</name>
<compression>9</compression>
<manifest type="defaultManifestGenerator" />
<packageList>
<packageFolder sourceFolder="X:\pipeline-onyx\Stabilisation\Output
\Tools\Release\Exe\Mosaic" fileFilter="*.*" includeSubFolders="true"
targetFolder="\Release"/>
</packageList>
</package>

Thanks.

Eric Lemes

Jun 10, 2011, 7:37:21 AM6/10/11
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I'm currently with the same problem, but I couldn't find a solution.

My build deploys in a folder with the following structure:

C:\builds\MyApp.

Inside MyApp I have other files and directories, for example:

C:\builds\MyApp\MyApp.exe
C:\builds\MyApp\MyApp.dll
C:\builds\MyApp\UserFiles\DefaultFile.xml
C:\builds\MyApp\UserFiles\logo.gif

I'm using the package publisher with the following syntax:

<packageFolder sourceFolder="C:\builds\MyApp\" fileFilter="*.*" includeSubFolders="true" flatten="false" />

The resulting zip appendes the full path in the target file: C:\builds\MyApp\...

I want to supress the prefix, just putting MyApp.exe, MyApp.dll, UserFiles\Default.xml.

The problem is that if I use a targetFolder="/", the files inside the subdirectories are also in the root dir... :-(

I tried several combinations and none worked.

Is there a way to pack the subdirectories elimating the C:\Builds\MyApp prefix?

Regards,

Eric