Future of Energy according to ExxonMobil

1 view

Andy Robinson

Oct 6, 2011, 1:00:40 PM10/6/11
to ccnet-renew...@googlegroups.com
Group,
Below is info on today's talk about ExxonMobil's ideas on the future of energy.  4:30 today at Beckman.

It also seems like there is not much new info on the county ZBA wind meetings:

Reminder: our next meeting is 8am Wed 10/12.
-Andy

Energy in the 21st Century

Michael Loudin

ExxonMobil Exploration Company

Thursday, October 6, 2011

4:30 p.m. – Lecture and Q&A

5:30 p.m. – Reception

The Beckman Institute Auditorium

405 North Mathews Avenue

Urbana, Illinois

Mike Loudin has worked as a senior geophysicist, advisor to the VP for Exploration, manager for Worldwide Geophysical Operations, and Manager for Worldwide Geoscience Recruiting and Career Development for Mobil and ExxonMobil. He will share an insider’s perspective on the challenge of meeting the global demand for energy, reviewing the technical, economic, and environmental constraints and opportunities associated with conventional and alternative sources of energy in the 21st century.

Sponsored by donors to the

Prairie Research Institute Lecture Series and Naturally Illinois Expo fund.

To learn more about the Institute, visit www.prairie.illinois.edu.

Questions: (217) 333-5111

Directions to Beckman Institute: From N, S, E, or W: Take I-74 to the Lincoln Avenue exit. Take the Lincoln Avenue exit south to University Avenue.  Turn right onto University Avenue and go to Mathews Avenue. Turn left onto Mathews Avenue.  From I-72, follow University to Mathews Avenue, turn right.

Parking: Metered parking can be found on Wright St., in the Beckman circle drive off of Mathews Ave., and in the campus parking deck just east of the Institute. All meters require $1.00 per hour.  Meters are enforced until 5 p.m. in University lots, and until 6 p.m. for street parking.