New county renewable energy district law

Andy Robinson

Sep 12, 2011, 5:46:47 PM9/12/11
to ccnet-renew...@googlegroups.com
Group,
Another topic that we might discuss is the new state law about allowing counties to set up their own renewable energy production.  I'm not quite sure why counties couldn't have put up their own wind farm before, just like any other structure, but maybe Al or someone can let us know.

This legislation has local origination so it's very topical.  I also heard that there is a group discussing this topic specifically, meeting 6:30 Tue 9/20 at the Champaign Township office (near Staley and Springfield).  Does anyone know anything about that group?
Andy

A bill that would allow for the creation of a special local government district that could build and operate renewable energy facilities, including wind turbines, and sell that electricity has been signed by Gov. Pat Quinn.