Next CCNet RE Group meeting: Wed Nov 9

Andy Robinson

Nov 2, 2011, 1:49:10 PM11/2/11
to ccnet-renew...@googlegroups.com
CCNet RE Group,
We have our next (2nd Wednesday) monthly meeting scheduled for next Wednesday Nov 9 at 8am in the Beckman lobby.

We didn't get a chance to organize a second showing of the Dirty Coal movie with Sierra Club, but maybe we can discuss more about Roch Ducey's involvement with the local smart grid initiative and a potential event.

The paper reported today that the CC board sent the wind turbine issue back to the ZBA for tonight's meeting based on new wording that makes the investors of the project also have legal responsibilities for decommissioning.  Is this the last of the zoning hurdles?

Below are some of the energy related events going on this week for the UI Sustainability week.
-Andy

Wednesday, November 2nd:

4pm-5: Quad walk with Chancellor Wise: The walk will feature sustainability projects on the quad.Michele Guerra, Director of the Wellness Center will be leading the walk. The group will meet outside at the south entrance of the Illini Union, 1401 W. Green Street, Urbana.*This is an “approved event” for civil service employees.  Employees may attend, without loss of pay or having to charge a benefit, with prior supervisory approval and operations permitting.*

6:30-9:30pm: CyclingSavvy traffic cycling course with Gary Cziko and Carl Stewart: ARC Auditorium, 201 E. Peabody Drive, Champaign * "Registration recommended to ensure a place in the course. Walk-ins welcome as space allows."

Thursday, November 3rd:

1-3pm: Facilities and Services presentations about Utility Rates, Net-Zero Buildings, and Campus Planning: Illini Union, 1401 W. Green Street, Urbana, Room B

CANCELED:  2-3pm: Campus Master Plan with Helen Coleman, Director of Campus Planning: Overview of campus planning and processes and how projects flow from idea to construction. Illini Union, 1401 W. Green Street, Urbana, Room B

4-5:30pm: Green Career Panel with Chris Pyke, Vice President Research at USGBC.  Join Chris and other professionals in the green industry to discuss recent and future trends in this growing career path.  Other participants include: Bart Hagston, Environmental Sustainability Manager at City of Urbana, Lacey Rains Lowe, Planner at City of Champaign, Wayne Wargo, Site Director at Abbott Nutrition, and Cassie Carroll at Illinois Green Business Association: Asian American Cultural Center, 1210 W. Nevada Street, Urbana

7pm: Chris Pyke, Vice President Research, U.S. Green Building Council: “Accelerating Green Building Market Transformation with Information Technology" will be speaking at Newmark Hall, room 1310, Stoughten Street, Urbana ** Chris Pyke is part of the Sustainable Innovations Seminar Series, a collaboration between the University of Illinois and ERDC-CERL-CASI**:

Friday, November 4th:

2:30-3:30pm: Student sustainability discussion with Chancellor Wise: As part of the Chancellor’s listening and learning tour the sustainability related RSO’s have been invited to give short presentations.  There will also be time for questions and answers. University YMCA, Latzer Hall
** Student Registration is required**

Roch Ducey

Nov 3, 2011, 10:46:02 PM11/3/11
to ccnet-renew...@googlegroups.com
...sorry, I'm over in the Mediterranean on a cruise in the Aegean ...r2d2

Andy Robinson

Nov 7, 2011, 4:37:54 PM11/7/11
to ccnet-renew...@googlegroups.com, Roch Ducey
For those not on a cruise, we'll plan on meeting this Wednesday at 8am.
Andy