CCNET Calendar Topics (ccnet-renewable-energy@googlegroups.com)

Tim Montague (Google Docs)

Dec 16, 2011, 4:57:04 PM12/16/11
to ccnet-renew...@googlegroups.com
Message from tgmon...@gmail.com:
CCNET invites you to contribute ideas for upcoming discussion/presentation topics at our third thursday of the month meetings. If it is related to sustainability, we want to know about it!

Thanks,

Tim & Andy

Click to open:
Google Docs makes it easy to create, store and share online documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
Logo for Google Docs

Laura Wetzel

Dec 18, 2011, 11:25:57 AM12/18/11
to ccnet-renew...@googlegroups.com
I would like to encourage taxing plastic. Champaign is considering taxing plastic bags which is a great step. If that goes through, Urbana will surely follow, although I think they may have a more comprehensive package (so to speak!) in mind. So many different kinds of plastic, manufactured all over ......... gets so complex. I would like to see bottled water banned! Or at least taxed at 100%!

Laura

Andy Robinson

Jan 12, 2012, 12:48:19 PM1/12/12
to ccnet-renew...@googlegroups.com
Laura, plastic sounds like an interesting topic.  I don't know much about it locally but if you, or anyone you know, has more to share then it could be a topic of future discussion at a noon meeting.
Hopefully you are available for the discussion next Thursday or the Feb 3rd Thur.  I'll be speaking about SEDAC for the first 20min but then we will have time for general discussion after that.
-Andy

Laura Wetzel

Jan 16, 2012, 5:35:25 PM1/16/12
to ccnet-renew...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy,

Did you see the movie ''Bag It''? It focused primarily on plastic bags, but included other plastics. Just a walk down the ile of a grocery store makes quite a case! I really don't know anyone who could speak on this topic, but the movie was sponsored by Champaign Surplus and (?). I believe the procedes went to the Coop.

I could put out some feelers. I do intend to be at the meeting Thurs., but what room is it in?

Laura

-Andy

Andy Robinson

Jan 17, 2012, 11:47:14 AM1/17/12
to ccnet-renew...@googlegroups.com
Good point, the meeting this Thursday is in the conference Room 101 on the east end of the Natural Resources Building.  There is plenty of metered parking on Peabody and in the lot on the west end.
-Andy