Friday July 15, 2011 - Straw Bale House Tour - Urbana

1 view

Tim Montague

Jun 29, 2011, 4:47:55 PM6/29/11
to re ccnet

Friday, July 15

Strawbale House Tour

605 E. Main Street, Urbana IL 61802

Noon

Beauty and sustainability combine in Urbana’s first straw bale house. Come learn about how straw bales were used to create an energy-efficient home.

http://newprairieconstruction.com/gallery/straw-bale-structures/urbana-straw-bale

Salvaged flooring and slate are among the reused materials seen throughout. Clay paints and sustainably harvested wood combine with its other environmentally sound features for an appealing, earth-friendly home. The basement houses the offices of New Prairie Construction, which built the home.

--
Tim Montague
217.722.0429 m

Marya Ryan

Jul 4, 2011, 12:11:13 PM7/4/11
to CCNet Renewable Energy
I just posted the flier Shelley created for this event to our
documents page in case anyone wants to forward it to other lists.

Marya

On Jun 29, 3:47 pm, Tim Montague <tgmonta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Friday, July 15*
>
> *Strawbale House Tour*
>
> 605 E. Main Street, Urbana IL 61802
>
> Noon
> * <http://newprairieconstruction.com/gallery/straw-bale-structures>*
>
> Beauty and sustainability combine in Urbana’s first straw bale
> house<http://newprairieconstruction.com/gallery/straw-bale-structures/urban...>.
> Come learn about how straw bales were used to create an energy-efficient
> home.
>
> http://newprairieconstruction.com/gallery/straw-bale-structures/urban...
>
> Salvaged flooring and slate are among the reused materials seen throughout.
> Clay paints and sustainably harvested wood combine with its other
> environmentally sound features for an appealing, earth-friendly home. The
> basement houses the offices of New Prairie Construction, which built the
> home.
>
> --
> Tim Montague
> 217.722.0429 m