possible feature request for <exec> block.

Joshua Teitelbaum

Apr 18, 2013, 1:04:30 PM4/18/13
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
Sometimes I get build failures due to a cat unplugging the cat-5 cable, making the source repo unavailable.
This is detected of course, but it seems that if you have something like a postamble (something to do after a build happens, could be custom or not) it will be executed regardless of the state of what happened in the build.
I think it would be prudent to have some sort of conditional applied to an exec block so that it should or shouldn't be executed if the previous task(s) were in a "failed" state.

Does that make sense?
So...something like <exec alwaysRun="true|false"/>
If alwaysRun is set to false, then if there was an aggregate failure (ie source could not be obtained, or build failed, or whatever returned a fail status) then this execution block would not be run.

Anyway, aside from that possible hairbrained idea :) .... maybe pushing it to the script in the exec block itself could be employed.
I wonder what variables from CC.NET I can use to pass to the script in the exec block, to garner that previously failed state?
Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Alex Vilela

Apr 21, 2013, 5:15:56 PM4/21/13
to [CC.Net-Devel]
Did you try the StatusCondition?

--

---

Joshua Teitelbaum

Apr 21, 2013, 5:30:46 PM4/21/13
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com

I did not and humbly thank you. This morning in fact I was digging around the wiki and found that. Thank you for confirming this.

send from my auttocorrect. what happens is what gappwns.