Contributing

Richard Towers

Sep 1, 2014, 9:38:11 AM9/1/14
to ccnet...@googlegroups.com
Hello List,

I'm interested in contributing to CCNet and I thought I should introduce myself and ask for any pointers on getting started.

My name's Richard and I'm from England. I have about three years experience working for a company that builds software for the insurance industry. I was working primarily on a custom web framework built on top of ASP .Net web forms. I'm fairly adept with C#, JavaScript and the related web technologies. I recently left my job to pursue my own projects, and I'm looking to get more involved with open source.

At my old job we used CCNet fairly heavily for a number of continuous integrations and a few scripts, so I have some experience with the project. Once up to speed I'd like to focus on modernising the web dashboard, but I'm happy to work on anything to get started. According to the wiki the goal for v1.9 is improved Mono support, would that be a good place to start?

Pleased to meet you all, I look forward to getting involved.

Thanks,
Richard

Ruben Willems

Sep 2, 2014, 4:00:00 AM9/2/14
to ccnet-devel
Hi

Any new contributor is very welcome.
The dashboard could use an overhaul (HTML5 and the like)

The following contains great information about the source of CCNet

below is a link to my blog, where there are post about creating your own tasks, triggers, ...
http://rubenwillems.blogspot.be/search/label/customizing%20code
This will also give some insight in the plugin nature of CCNet

If there is more info needed, feel free to contact us.

with kind regards
Ruben Willems

--

---