Unable to login as 'manager/manager' into a registry database

kalyanrajsista

Jul 1, 2014, 2:12:09 PM7/1/14
to ccl...@googlegroups.com
Hello Hugh,

Thank you for letting me into this group.

I have recently installed CCLITE on my test domain hosted by BlueHost successfully. Also, I am able to create a registry using the web interface.

You can see that registry got created as a separate database on my host (see attached phpmyadmin screenshot with list of databases created on my host)

However, I am UNABLE to login as user 'manager' and password 'manager' into that registry (in this case, 'cclite' registry). From what I understand from 'om_log' table, user doesn't exists. Is this a problem with 'SHA2' or 'SHA1'??

Please help me in resolving this issue. Many thanks in advance.

For you reference, I have attached the following files

1) Screenshot showing the actual error
2) Screenshot showing list of databases on my host using PHPMYADMIN
3) Screenshot showing list of users in 'om_users' table
4) Screenshot showing list of errors in 'om_log' table

Regards,
Kalyan
Screenshot from 2014-07-01 23:32:46.png
Screenshot from 2014-07-01 23:33:04.png
Screenshot from 2014-07-01 23:33:30.png
Screenshot from 2014-07-01 23:33:43.png
Screenshot from 2014-07-01 23:34:11.png

Hugh Barnard

Jul 1, 2014, 2:56:08 PM7/1/14
to ccl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kalyan

No problem, it's a little strict otherwise it just gets full of spam! See below for some of the things to examine.

The history of this is that cpanel databases become registry names and they are 'ugly', for example uglyprefix_myregistry
is organised in the configuration and code, so that you can use 'myregistry' without the prefix. This is described somewhere in the manual, but possibly it needs to be more prominent...

Best regards Hugh

On 1 July 2014 19:12, kalyanrajsista <kalyanr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Hugh,

Thank you for letting me into this group.

I have recently installed CCLITE on my test domain hosted by BlueHost successfully. Also, I am able to create a registry using the web interface.

I'm guessing this is cpanel? In which case database names are something_database-name

So, you'll need:

cpanelprefix=something in config/cclite.cf
hash_type=sha2 [since that's the sql you've loaded, hopefully registry-9.3 etc/

Then you can login as
registry: database-name
manager/manager

You can see that registry got created as a separate database on my host (see attached phpmyadmin screenshot with list of databases created on my host)

However, I am UNABLE to login as user 'manager' and password 'manager' into that registry (in this case, 'cclite' registry). From what I understand from 'om_log' table, user doesn't exists. Is this a problem with 'SHA2' or 'SHA1'??

see above: sha2

Please help me in resolving this issue. Many thanks in advance.

For you reference, I have attached the following files

1) Screenshot showing the actual error
2) Screenshot showing list of databases on my host using PHPMYADMIN
3) Screenshot showing list of users in 'om_users' table
4) Screenshot showing list of errors in 'om_log' table

Regards,
Kalyan

http://www.hughbarnard.org
http://www.twitter.com/hughbarnard
http://www.big-wave-heuristics.com/

kalyanrajsista

Jul 2, 2014, 1:59:56 PM7/2/14
to ccl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hugh,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately none of them worked for me.

Here are the things I've tried.

1) I wrote a standalone script to connect to registry on my test host (please find attached ... testdb.pl). I am able to successfully retrieve the data from 'om_users' table

2) I have attached the configuration file along with this message for your reference.

3) I debugged lib/Cclitedb.pm and noticed that under the subroutine, _registry_connect , $db value is receiving as NULL. I suspect there is something wrong in lib/Ccadmin.pm

4) I have hardcoded all the values inside that module to see whether it works. But, but it did not work too...I did the same thing which I had done using my script (see attached)

5) I believe there is problem with sha2.

I appreciate your patience here in resolving the issues.

Regards,
Kalyan
cclite.conf
testdb.pl

kalyanrajsista

Jul 2, 2014, 2:10:02 PM7/2/14
to ccl...@googlegroups.com
Hugh,

When I click 'Show Registries', protected/ccinstall.cgi is reporting all the registries ( databases inside mysql ). From there on, I am unable to connect to any registry as 'manager' / 'manager'

What I feel is that there is a problem in getting the CGI variables which in turn are passes as NULL values for database connection.

In case, if you remember, I commented 'use strict' as I was encoutering errors with cclite.cgi wherein $fieldsref hash reference is NULL.

I hope this helps to figure out the problem

Regards,
Kalyan

hugh.b...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2014, 4:46:45 PM7/2/14
to ccl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kalyan

Thanks for all this, please change your db password etc. now that it's on the forum!

See below for where the message comes from, its not sha1/sha2, but before that. I test all this with Selenium before I stick it on sourceforge, so this is a bit of a mystery. However, it may be a brand new release problem.

I'm going to have to retrace your steps using a commodity host now, so there may be a moment before I can reply.

Best regards Hugh

On Wednesday, 2 July 2014 18:59:56 UTC+1, kalyanrajsista wrote:
Hi Hugh,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately none of them worked for me.

Here are the things I've tried.

1) I wrote a standalone script to connect to registry on my test host (please find attached ... testdb.pl). I am able to successfully retrieve the data from 'om_users' table
Thanks!

2) I have attached the configuration file along with this message for your reference.
Looks OK

3) I debugged lib/Cclitedb.pm and noticed that under the subroutine, _registry_connect , $db value is receiving as NULL. I suspect there is something wrong in lib/Ccadmin.pm
Actually it looks OK until it reaches below in Cclite.pm:
!length( $userref->{'userId'} ) ) {
        log_entry(
            $class,
            $db,
            'error',
"$messages{loginfailedfor} $fieldsref->{userLogin} $messages{at} $fieldsref->{registry} : user not found",
            ''
        );

hugh.b...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2014, 8:50:02 AM7/3/14
to ccl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kalyan

I've just been through all the set up steps on a commodity hosting environment [RedHat/Cpanel] using cclite-0.9.3.cpanel.tar.gz:

1. Extract the application
2. Create database and import tables and data using phpmyadmin
3. Use the installer to create a valid configuration file

and then logon as manager. It worked without a problem.

Can you show me the result of:
http://<yourdomain>/cgi-bin/protected/ccinstall.cgi?action=showregistries
where, <yourdomain> is where you are currently hosting? This should pick up the registry or registries?

Best regards Hugh

kalyanrajsista

Jul 3, 2014, 1:04:14 PM7/3/14
to ccl...@googlegroups.com