Log path error in 0.8.0 Debian package/Make users active, if necessary

Hugh Barnard

Aug 16, 2010, 3:24:35 AM8/16/10
to ccl...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks

During the course of some testing yesterday, it's clear that the test
logging path is hardwired into the current Debian package. The correct
path should NOT contain my surname (! yeah, yeah) and be
/var/cclite/log/cclite.log in the detail of logging.cf::

log4perl.rootLogger=DEBUG, LOGFILE
log4perl.appender.LOGFILE=Log::Log4perl::Appender::File
log4perl.appender.LOGFILE.filename=/var/cclite/log/cclite.log
log4perl.appender.LOGFILE.mode=append
log4perl.appender.LOGFILE.layout=PatternLayout
log4perl.appender.LOGFILE.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %p> %F{1}:%L %M - %m%n

I'll re-do the package by this evening and correct this.

The other detail, if it's local testing/playing/familiarisation
installation, make users 'active' in the configuration file cclite.cf,
if you haven't got working email [either via sendmail or a mailbox for
the registry]. Otherwise, it will try to send confirmation email
[something it really should do on a 'working' installation] and hang,
because it can't.

Best regards Hugh

--
http://www.hughbarnard.org
http://www.twitter.com/hughbarnard

hugh.b...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2010, 5:44:04 AM8/17/10
to cclite
I've corrected this and replaced the previous packages on my website
and on sourceforge this morning.