Cclite on Amazon EC2

Hugh Barnard

Nov 13, 2012, 12:24:09 PM11/13/12
to ccl...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks

As Brit, I'm thinking about ordering my books from Blackwells until Amazon adjust the level of tax they are paying in the UK. Warren Buffett would probably agree too.

That aside, and as a piece of inconsistency, I'm currently using Amazon EC2 cloud images to do test installs of Cclite because it's a lot simpler than clearing down 'metal' and re-installing. Also, the choice should permit testing for FreeBSD and NetBSD, something I've never got around to doing.

The first one I've done is Ubuntu 32 bit using the Debian package that's currently on sourceforge. This is because there's some broken Perl packing in Ubuntu at present. I've had to tweak the Apache configuration too, but it's minor.

So, is anyone else interested in this? If so, I'll write up a how-to.

Best regards Hugh

--
http://www.hughbarnard.org
http://www.twitter.com/hughbarnard