Local Government Issued Currency

James Bowery

Oct 16, 2014, 10:58:16 PM10/16/14
to ccl...@googlegroups.com
LETS is different from a local currency that is issued by a local government which it accepts in partial payment of taxes.

Is cclite configurable for local government issued currency or would modifications be required?  If modifications are required about how extensive are they?  (I am a 20 year veteran Perl programmer).

Hugh Barnard

Oct 17, 2014, 6:20:58 AM10/17/14
to ccl...@googlegroups.com
Hi James

Interesting question. I made some modifications for 'cash', rather than LETS [which creates units at the point of transaction] a  few years ago.

No-one has tried this [or anyway, told me about it...] but if the commitment limit was zero [no overdrafts] and cash was issued [created, by some benevolent authority, we hope] into accounts, that 'may' be all that is necessary. I don't know for sure.

On a general note, there's very sketchy github project for the second iteration of cclite here: https://github.com/hbarnard/cclite2 not usable but contains a lot of the technology that it's sensible to move to. We keep Perl, of course, bathwater not baby.

Best regards Hugh

http://www.hughbarnard.org
http://www.twitter.com/hughbarnard
http://www.big-wave-heuristics.com/