Work in progress on demo server

Hugh Barnard

Apr 21, 2011, 9:31:42 AM4/21/11
to ccl...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks

In response the requests for a demo/play server, I'm currently hacking away at a PIII Vectra that I had in the cupboard. I think this will get done this week. However, it won't be for production systems, it will be slow and not always available [because it lives in my house for one thing]. Any 'support' will be minimal etc. etc.

So I'm saying yes, but don't expect too much from it. Also, once every three/six months, when it's got in a mess, it'll be desirable to wipe it...

Actually, since I started this draft, it pretty much works, so if you want to tell me the xxxxxx in xxxxxx.3wave.co.uk,
I'll start some setting up again. It's running ubuntu server and the version of cclite that I'm developing rather than the stable versions. For example, decimal currencies are pretty much done..

Best regards Hugh

--
http://www.hughbarnard.org
http://www.twitter.com/hughbarnard

Xavier de Pedro

Apr 21, 2011, 10:07:18 AM4/21/11
to ccl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hugh:

Why not "cclite.3wave.co.uk"?

Cheers, and thanks.

Xavi

hugh.b...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2011, 10:11:55 AM4/21/11
to ccl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xavi

Because everyone can have their own subdomain, as before, london.3wave.co.uk, paris.3wave.co.uk, either a place or an organisation, group etc. etc.

Best regards Hugh

Xavier de Pedro

Apr 21, 2011, 10:14:36 AM4/21/11
to ccl...@googlegroups.com
ah, ok, then, "c2c" for us? (potentially testing from c2c.ourproject.org/tiki or similar ?)
Xavi