Quick update on current work

Hugh Barnard

Aug 9, 2011, 10:47:36 AM8/9/11
to ccl...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks

This is a quick update [I'll put it onto Mrs-dev as well] on work that I'm currently pushing onto github/cclite:

- [thanks to Xavi] Spanish language user templates, most of the 'user' side

- [thanks to Xavi] Spanish language literal file

- testing + modifications for full multi-lingual operation [storing/using language preference, persistent cookie for front page etc, javascript modifications/literals etc.]

- free form tag option for small ads [the current fixed category system isn't multilingual or very flexible, so this is folksonomy style tagging]

- decimal point currencies [the amounts are stored as pence/cents and displayed as decimal quantities

- fairly complete batch script to provide printed statements/skeleton script for yellow-pages

- extensions to REST interface, more delivery of JSON to provide facilities as a 'motor' as well as a complete system with a web interface

- as usual code tidying, especially $$things becoming $things->{'key'}, more modern and readable and removal of embedded html where possible etc.

The github version is passing the current regression tests, but, of course, they are incomplete now, aren't they?

Best regards Hugh

--
http://www.hughbarnard.org
http://www.twitter.com/hughbarnard