cclite 0.8: issues with "File::Path" using cPanel

Les Moore

Sep 28, 2010, 4:31:34 AM9/28/10
to cclite
Hi Hugh and all,

Apologies to bring us back to "File::Path", like Xavi I got:

"make_path" is not exported by the File::Path module
"remove_tree" is not exported by the File::Path module
Can't continue after import errors at ../../lib/Ccadmin.pm line 52
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ../../lib/Ccadmin.pm line 52,
<MESS> line 606.
Compilation failed in require at ccinstall.cgi line 598, <MESS> line
606.

I have limited (but willing) technical ability, can someone suggest
how I can 'retro-engineer' Cclite.pm? Or perhaps highlight the changes
they made to get their installation working?

Cheers

Les

Hugh Barnard

Sep 29, 2010, 3:41:02 AM9/29/10
to ccl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Les

See below...best regards Hugh

On 28 September 2010 09:31, Les Moore <les....@commonresource.net> wrote:
> Hi Hugh and all,
>
> Apologies to bring us back to "File::Path", like Xavi I got:
>
> "make_path" is not exported by the File::Path module
>  "remove_tree" is not exported by the File::Path module
> Can't continue after import errors at ../../lib/Ccadmin.pm line 52
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ../../lib/Ccadmin.pm line 52,
> <MESS> line 606.
> Compilation failed in require at ccinstall.cgi line 598, <MESS> line
> 606.

--> Sorry, this is proving to be a pain and I may include with the
delivery or think of something else. It's really only there to help
with Windows, so I may cook up some inline specific commands for each
operating system.

As, at least one person is trying OpenBSD [which should be exactly
like Linux for the command but would require an extra test, as would
Mac etc. etc.] this 'seemed' like a neater way, tant pis pour moi.

> I have limited (but willing) technical ability, can someone suggest
> how I can 'retro-engineer' Cclite.pm? Or perhaps highlight the changes
> they made to get their installation working?

--> Best current way is to ask your hoster to upgrade File::Path to
lastest or do it yourself if there's a 'refresh' for your Perl
Modules, Otherwise, I can also post a Linux/Unix non-File::Path
version on the group later today, but that's a messier way. Tell me
how you do...

> Cheers
>
> Les
>
> --

http://www.hughbarnard.org
http://www.twitter.com/hughbarnard
http://www.big-wave-heuristics.com/
http://www.hackney-environment-network.org.uk/

hugh.b...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2010, 10:08:10 AM9/30/10
to cclite
Hi folks

I've put a new version of Ccadmin.pm that doesn't use File::Path in
the files area and on github...it 'may' be problematic on Windows and
hasn't been through the regression tests...OTOH there's about five
lines, outside of the core code, batch directories would have to be
created by hand, if it doesn't work.

Best regards Hugh

On 29 Sep, 08:41, Hugh Barnard <hugh.barn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Les
>
> See below...best regards Hugh

Hugh Barnard

Oct 1, 2010, 2:09:55 PM10/1/10
to ccl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Les

Does that make sense? I've attached the file to this as well...it'll
go into the lib subdirectory.

Best regards Hugh

> --

Ccadmin.pm

Les Moore

Nov 9, 2010, 5:56:52 PM11/9/10
to cclite
Thanks Hugh,

I installed ccadmin.pm you kindly attached, and the problem seems to
have moved on. So I'm feeling positive about that and hope you are
well.

When checking with installer, and with 2. Use the installer to set up
configuration values, database user and password ,and 3 Create a
registry, I get the following:

>Cclite Installer Errors for linux red hat probably cpanel running as commonre
Package type guessed as 0
Error 5:Ccinstall: Cclite installer
Can't find or write to the log directory: /home/commonre/public_html/
registry//var/cclite/log does not exist or unreadable (needs chmod o
+w, for example)? The owner should be the web server or virtual server
user

Please fix this manually can't write: /home/commonre/public_html/
registry//var/cclite/log/cclite.log

I have changed permissions on cclite.log to 777, to no avail.

With:
4Logon as manager Logon to your registry as manager with password
manager
5 (when Manager) Set up a currency or two
6Create users or let them come

I get:

Software error:

>Configuration file not found at: /home/commonre/public_html/
registry/config/cclite.cf

Interestingly, I cannot find cclite.cf anywhere, even in the tarball,
so guess this is generated somewhere else.

Does this all ring any bells? I'd be interested if it does.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Les

On Oct 1, 6:09 pm, Hugh Barnard <hugh.barn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Les
>
> Does that make sense? I've attached the file to this as well...it'll
> go into the lib subdirectory.
>
> Best regards Hugh
>
> On 28 September 2010 09:31, Les Moore <les.mo...@commonresource.net> wrote:
>

> > Hi Hugh and all,
>
> > Apologies to bring us back to "File::Path", like Xavi I got:
>
> > "make_path" is not exported by the File::Path module
> >  "remove_tree" is not exported by the File::Path module
> > Can't continue after import errors at ../../lib/Ccadmin.pm line 52
> > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ../../lib/Ccadmin.pm line 52,
> > <MESS> line 606.
> > Compilation failed in require at ccinstall.cgi line 598, <MESS> line
> > 606.
>
> > I have limited (but willing) technical ability, can someone suggest
> > how I can 'retro-engineer' Cclite.pm? Or perhaps highlight the changes
> > they made to get their installation working?
>
> > Cheers
>
> > Les
>
> > --
>  Ccadmin.pm
> 41KViewDownload

hugh.b...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2010, 9:07:55 PM11/9/10
to cclite
Hi Les, folks

I'm in Tokyo right now, so no access to toolset, testing etc..back on
the 17th but will take a day or two downtime..anyway see below..

Best regards Hugh

On Nov 10, 7:56 am, Les Moore <les.mo...@commonresource.net> wrote:
> Thanks Hugh,
>
> I installed ccadmin.pm you kindly attached, and the problem seems to
> have moved on. So I'm feeling positive about that and hope you are
> well.
>
> When checking with installer, and with 2. Use the installer to set up
> configuration values, database user and password ,and 3 Create a
> registry, I get the following:
>
> >Cclite Installer Errors for linux red hat probably cpanel running as commonre
>
> Package type guessed as 0
> Error 5:Ccinstall: Cclite installer
> Can't find or write to the log directory: /home/commonre/public_html/
> registry//var/cclite/log does not exist or unreadable (needs chmod o
> +w, for example)? The owner should be the web server or virtual server
> user
>
> Please fix this manually can't write:  /home/commonre/public_html/
> registry//var/cclite/log/cclite.log

--> you seem to have a registry called 'registry' that looks wrong...

> I have changed permissions on cclite.log to 777, to no avail.
>
> With:
> 4Logon as manager Logon to your registry as manager with password
> manager
> 5 (when Manager) Set up a currency or two
> 6Create users or let them come
>
> I get:
>
> Software error:
>
>     >Configuration file not found at: /home/commonre/public_html/
> registry/config/cclite.cf
>
> Interestingly, I cannot find cclite.cf anywhere, even in the tarball,
> so guess this is generated somewhere else.

---> Yes cclite,cf is generated by the installer, but these paths
don't look correct either...cclite.cf is currently used by every
registry..therefore it is usually
'above' the specific registry name..

> Does this all ring any bells? I'd be interested if it does.
>
> Hope to hear from you soon,

--> If this can wait a week, I'll have a look close up...incidentally,
for you and everybody, there's now beginning to be a rolling set of
updates on github:
https://github.com/hbarnard/cclite as you can see one of the recent
things is 'back out make_path. The github version will not be [at
present] completely regression tested like the releases but will
provide fixes and a snapshot of work-in-progress...
> > --http://www.hughbarnard.orghttp://www.twitter.com/hughbarnardhttp://ww...
>
> >  Ccadmin.pm
> > 41KViewDownload

Les Moore

Nov 15, 2010, 5:11:22 PM11/15/10
to cclite
Hugh,

I may have confused you.... I created a folder called 'registry' and
installed cclite in that folder.

Also, we have spoken about the 'mis'-use that cpanel suffers from when
identifying paths..... For example, in example-virtual-server-
httpd.conf, the document root is given as:

/home/mydomain/domains/cclite.mydomain.org/public_html,

whereas in 'my' cpanel, to get there you would follow the path:

/home/commonre/public_html/registry/doc/cclite

However, as I have no cclite.cf would you advise to delete my registry
folder and start again?

Look forward to seeing you,

Les

On Nov 10, 2:07 am, "hugh.barn...@googlemail.com"
> updates on github:https://github.com/hbarnard/ccliteas you can see one of the recent

hugh.b...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2010, 8:34:30 PM11/15/10
to cclite
Hi Les

Will be around dev environments, in a couple of days...will take a
look then..but, yes, it may be better to start clean, won't do any
harm anyway..

Best regards Hugh